twenty-two

UPDATE HA ILY

! MIGHT BE CONFUSING BABIES <3 !

-third person pov

jimin and soo byul were shocked. both were confused, uncertain of what areum just said. don't worry, they both thought. areum got it all wrong, there's nothing to worry about. 

jimin, however, had something deeper inside him that was a feeling consisted of confusion, worry, denial,

and guilt.

he was filled with trepidation, heart thumping loudly. words were flying past his head, with just one question popping up in his mind: what did areum do to deserve this? his imagination was running wild, with rough waves tumbling angrily, pounding the shores. also, with abundant mountains all around him, it felt like he was being cornered and trapped, with nowhere to go.

yep.

jimin had an immediate flashback of what happened at the hospital, the surgery he failed at. 

the surgery that caused the death of areum's mother. 

b eep. beep.

beep. beep. 

"hoseok, drill." 

hoseok handed jimin the drill, who centered it with the patient's skull.

"turn on the lights. i can't see the bullet." by jimin's command, hoseok immediately reached over towards the lights and turned it on by full max. the other nurses stood by the door, waiting.

jimin mentally put all his energy on his task. this was his first time encountering with such a dangerous and insane injury. 

a bullet in a head... how did this even happen?, thought jimin.

the other doctors and interns stood by waiting on the other room, a glass window present so they could examine jimin's every move without being involved with the situation.

such burden. but no worries. this wouldn't break his record. a bullet in the head? a piece of cake.

the other doctors had suggested that they would have to use extreme measures to save her- cutting away half of her skull and putting it on ice.

hemicraniectomy. jimin snickered. how cruel.

beep. beep.

"hoseok, get me the forceps," said jimin, hand reaching out, eyes only on the drilled part of the skull.

nothing touched his palm. "hoseok, forceps. can you hear me?" jimin turned around towards hoseok, whose eyes widened at the sight of the surgery.

"HOSEOK."

"j-jimin..."

"what is it? forc-"

"why is her head bleeding so much?"

jimin turned back to the woman's skull. blood flowed out of her head, and to jimin's horror, his gloves were coated with pure, fresh blood.

no.

NO.

"doctor, the patient!"

he stood there in horror as the head nurse called out, "SEOKJIN! CALL SEOKJIN!" all the doctors and interns started screaming and panicking, hoseok pulling the shaking jimin away from the already-dead patient.