Chapter 17- Christmas with the inlaws

Hey everyone thanks for still reading, when i first started this i had no idea it may get this response so thank you all so much. Im not going to lie this chapter aint the best but i wanted to get one up for everyone, its not checked through yet either.

This one is dedicated to everyone thats surpported me and that has kept on reading, thanks.

please vote and comment on the chapter, let me know how your finding the book pleaseeeeeeeeee!!! xx

Chapter 17

Graces POV

I couldn’t believe it when mum told me she was going away for Christmas, I mean she has been so much lately I thought she was going to give herself a break, spend Christmas with at least one of her daughters, sometimes I think Darcy got out when she could. It’s not right that a kid grows up without one of her parents about most of the time. Well Darcy had Dale didn’t she; I haven’t got a clue who my dad is. I don’t even know his name, I know I can’t ask mum about. When I was younger I tried but she just replied that man is not worth the time of day and Dale will be a better dad then he will ever be, yeah if you call cheating on your wife better. Secretly I always have wanted to know about him, what he looks like? Am I like him? Why he left me and mum, stuff like that. Anyway so when mum told me I was gutted, we had a massive fight and I just told her I was going out and I’d see her whenever she decided she wanted to act like a proper mother.

Eli was amazing as ever, we could just lay there and not even have to say anything. I was so shocked that he wanted me to meet his parents already; I mean that was a big step. What if they don’t like me, what if they think I’m only with Eli to get better grades, heck were going to have to tell them I’m his student first. I don’t know what I am going to wear, I don’t want to appear slutty, I want the kind girl next door look, ironically though I am the girl next door. It’s now Christmas Eve and I’ve stayed at Eli’s every day since the fight with mum. She thinks I’m staying at Jonah’s, yeah I didn’t get quite round to telling her that we weren’t together anymore yet, well to be fair I have been a bit preoccupied with Max’s accident, I was supposed to meet Amanda the Saturday but I told her could we do it another time as my friend had and accident she was fine with it, we still hadn’t had that conversation yet. She’s now gone away with the parents over Christmas; in fact I think most of the group have, the twins have gone away, Casper and Oscar are staying here and Isaac went with Amanda’s family. They were all back for new year thank god, I didn’t want to spend my birthday on my own. Yes, my birthday is 31st of December, New Year’s Eve. Amanda is organising this party, well I say party it’s going to be the gang and me going clubbing.

“Babe, are you sleeping?” Eli’s deep seductive voice whispered. I was laying on the sofa waiting for him to come back with some food, that man never has food in I’m starting to wonder if he even knows how to cook! So I thought I’d lie down and catch up on some sleep, he was going to be at least half hour. “Grace, I said are you a sleep?” “Eli usually if they don’t answer the first time the answers YES their asleep!” I didn’t bother opening my eyes, but still I could imagine the smirk on his face. “Come on sleepy head I got food” my eyes shot open and I sat up right immediately, I was starving. Eli’s eyes widened in shock at how quick I moved “What you didn’t mention you had food before” I laughed. He slowly walked over, I moved so he could fit on the couch. The food smelled great it was Chinese. He served the portions out and then leaned back into the cushion. I looked at him asking with my eyes if I could cuddle into his chest, of course he replied with some smart comment “Can’t keep your hands off me eh” why that man always makes me blush! He nodded anyway so I snuggled into his chest. I burst out laughing. “What’s so funny?” Eli asked in his confused voice. “Nothing” I responded innocently. “Grace what you laughing at?” “You really want to know?” “Yes” “Fine I was laughing at the fact that I’m in my boyfriend’s house on his sofa snuggling eating Chinese, I’ve slept at his house for like 4 days and oh my boyfriend happens to be my geography teacher. I found that rather amusing” smiling proudly. He looked down at me, his piercing caramel eyes staring down into mine “You’re strange you know that” “Yeap that’s why you love me” “Hmmmmm”.