Maybe Not

I turned to Spike sucking my lips in trying to think about what just happened he looked at me raising an eyebrow at my facial expression "When I first met him he hated me" I said walking over to him. I felt him wrap an arm around my shoulders "You grow on people" he told me with a smirk as we head back to the house together "To be honest when I saw you I didn't think you were my type" I pushed him away from me stopping in my tracks "What?" "Drusilla and all" he said with a shrug "I wasn't sure about you either I suppose" I said coming back to him again "She was so... insane and you weren't I just knew you both were polar opposites then I saw how Angel treated you I just wondered if I'd be better off with you" he said looking at me "Well I don't know seeing him like I did a week ago was just... Surprising" "Have feelings still?" he asked looking nervous.

I sighed shaking my head "Knowing what I do about you made me realize I made the right choice" I told him as we started walking towards the house some more "Ah I see, captain forehead didn't spark those butterflies like before?" I rolled my eyes "That was decades ago, besides not the way you do" I said reaching for his arm "Isn't this nice, walking the streets with my pretty bird while she's holding my arm" a smile spread across my face hearing him say that "What else would you want me to hold onto?" I said covering my mouth after blushing "I can think of a few things" he said biting his lip at me. I kissed him softly feeling my cold blood rush around "We're almost there love" "Besides we uh shouldn't go at it like rabbits, with you just coming back..." I said sliding my hand down his leather to entangle my fingers with his.

Spike shrugged holding my hand as we continued walking down the road "I wouldn't mind it, just cuz I got my soul doesn't mean I don't wanna get some" "Yeah I know it's just been different and I don't want to rush anything" I told him seeing the house in view "I get that, we can wait I don't mind" he reassured me as we made our way to the porch then up to the locked door, using the key we got inside. I set my jacket on the stairway rail then heard the phone ring "I'll get it" I told him going to the kitchen to answer. Picking up the receiver "Hello?" "Sam, everything doing alright?" "Uh Angel?" I whispered "Yeah I was calling cuz I heard Buffy has been acting weird, do I need to come there?" I rolled my eyes "No stay where you are" "Love, who is?" "Just Willow!" I called to him out in the living room.

Angel chuckled against the phone "Don't want him knowing your talking to your ex?" "Shut up" I muttered "So is everything ok? I did want an excuse to see you if I'm honest" "Talk to Giles, now I have to go" "I did mean what I said before" "Yeah well I love Spike so there's nothing to miss" "I want the old you back, the one who would be cuddly towards me not-" "I don't want to hear it, that's in the past" "Sam please hear me out" "I love Spike" "I'm better though" he said shyly "Its not up for debate call when you have something useful now bye!" I slammed the phone down into its place. I rolled my eyes then went to the faucet "I don't think you were talking to Willow in such an angry tone pet" I heard behind me.

I sighed putting water on my face then grabbing the towel nearby drying after "Do you want the truth?" "Yes I don't want anything but it" he said sitting on the stool looking at me with content worried about why I was upset "It was Angel" I watched his eyes darken "Are you getting back with him instead?" I slammed my hand on the counter "As if I'd choose him over you?!" I scolded as he jumped "I'm sorry" I sighed calming myself down "No I am I shouldn't have gotten mad like that, it's just he kept saying he misses me I had to defend us" I said walking over to him for a hug. Spike nodded "It's ok love, you know I only want to be with you" he told me rubbing the small of my back as I took breaths.

I nodded against his muscly shoulder trying to hold in emotion "I hate having to choose all the time, I know your my soulmate" "Well only one of us has a soul" he said with a chuckle "Oh shut up" I said smiling "It's already 11 pm you wanna get some sleep darling?" he asked kissing the top of my head. I shrugged "Might as well, maybe I'll be in the mood tomorrow" "I'm not worried about that" he said grabbing my hand as we turned towards the flight of steps ready for bed and cuddles. I changed into pajamas as he waited in the room able to watch, he of course didn't do anything "Your so beautiful" he reminded me. I turned off the light cuddling up to him right after his shirtless body against mine felt perfect as always.