Undercover

Once the school day was over I bumped into Larry, he looked at me like I was a snack he wanted to bite into and not in the vampire way. I shook my head trying to go forward back to Spike but he stayed in my way not caring "Sam, we never really see each other" he said standing right in front of me as other students didn't recognize my wanting to avoid him. I looked at him as he stared into my deep blue eyes "Hey Larry" I said shyly trying to act like I did want to talk to him nicely "So I thought we could go out to dinner" "I-I have a boyfriend" I said loudly "Oh really? I never see him with you" he looked around but an arm wrapped around my shoulders "I'm right here" the familiar voice was Xander he looked at me with a smile as I felt the relief of what could've happened "Out of all guys you go with this dweeb? Screw you Harris!" he said walking off. I sighed turning to my friend "Thank you so much" "It's no problem really..." he said looking at my face for the very first time with eye contact.

It felt like something went off in him when he blinked "I appreciate it but I should be getting home" I said giving him a quick hug "Maybe one day..." he said under his breath as I walked off to the stairs and down the road. I didn't like leading a double life as most would say, but the fact I was hiding myself and a new dead body behind me was harsh cuz ever since wearing the ring would give me stress or anxiety if I wore it for too long I would feel more human. Sticking to my random thoughts I finally got to my door unlocking it and walking inside "Love?" I heard the British voice around the corner upstairs he came down quickly without a shirt on "I missed you" he said smirking at me as I looked up at him "I missed you too" I said kissing him on the lips and putting my stuff down. I sighed turning right around to him "Where's Kat?" Spike's eyes darted around "Upstairs" he said leaning against the wall behind him.

I shrugged "Kat!" she came rushing down the stairs seconds later "What did you guys do today?" I asked genuinely concerned "I just took a nap I didn't sleep last night" she said looking at me. I nodded going in the kitchen to get a bottle of water, they stood beside each other watching me as my mouth clasped the bottle top tilting it down and drinking. Spike smirked then looked at Kat who was also checking me out, they started to fight non verbally. I twisted the cap back on watching the interaction with a smile, knowing two people liked me at the same time felt different. Once they noticed me watching they quickly stopped and acted innocent "I'm not stupid guys" I said putting the plastic down "We know you aren't" Kat spoke up. I sighed "I don't know what to do from here tho" "What do you mean?" they asked in unison "With this whole" gesturing to both of them "love triangle per say" they looked at each other again as I turned around.

I didn't know what to tell them "Some guy at school tried to ask me out" I knew Spikes eyes darted to the back of my head wondering what I responded "Xander helped me out by acting like my boyfriend..." I turned to them again "I don't see why so many people find me attractive" Spike sighed looking at me "It's not just your looks for me, it's your personality the way you came up from everything you've gone through and became comfortable with me because we've both been through hell. I've loved you since I laid my eyes on you and I don't think or want it to ever stop" he said coming around the counter to wrap me up in his arms. Kat stood there speechless not knowing what to say because she didn't know anything about me except of my double life and sexuality. I hugged Spike looking at her with tears around my eyes trying to hold it in, she licked her lips "You're beautiful Sam, that's why I was interested but I also wanted to know you... it's only been a few days but I'm still getting used to this stuff" she said leaning against the kitchen counter closer to her. Spike and I pulled away looking at her "I understand it just stresses me out sometimes, the stupid ring makes me feel human when I have it on for too long" "Why don't we go out tonight? My treat!" Kat announced.