Talking To Spike

I smiled at Buffy as we walked through the cemetery, it was quite interesting seeing as this was my first time actually hanging out with her. I gripped the stake that Buffy gave me, I heard a snarl on my right. We both looked at the same time but I had gotten pounced on by a man, he had gotten up and started to fight Buffy. I quickly jumped up but Buffy had yelled my name to move, the guy was pushed at me but I had staked him. Buffy made a sound of relief as we started walked some more "Are you alright?" "Yeah, exception of my back falling on a concrete path" "You turned him to dust tho, I am proud of you" "Thanks" I said smiling. Buffy looked at me "Was that your first?" "No..." I said shyly "How many have you killed?" "I haven't really counted to be honest" I admitted. Buffy nodded "That's alright, I'd love to see some action you can put in" "Hopefully I'm good enough" I said laughing nervously.

Buffy shook her head "Nonsense, I bet your great!" "Your very sweet-" I was cut off mid sentence by running footsteps. I turned to the noise and I punched the demon coming at me, it was blue and fangy but it wasn't a vamp. I tried to keep the vampire in me to stay put so Buffy wouldn't kill me, thankfully I did as Buffy handed me the silver axe she brought in her bag for any appearing demons. I knocked the blue blob on its knees before beheading it, I sighed and rolled my eyes at the dead body. I walked back over to Buffy "You did really good, the way you kicked it did a number" she said smiling "You really think so?" "Yeah" "Thanks" we walked a bit more, slayed a couple vamps and decided to walk home when we heard a branch snap behind me. I checked the time and it was almost 9, we turned around. 

I didn't see who it was but there was a tree "Spike?" "Who?" I asked and I noticed a handsome man appear from behind the tree "Slayer's got a friend hm?" he asked chuckling "Yes, we were on our way..." Buffy said trying to grab my arm "He seems interesting..." I whispered "What's your name?" he asked "Sam, I already know yours is Spike" I said giggling "Trust me Sam, he's quite bland" Buffy said trying to pull me away "You were talking to him tho-" "He's a vampire" I blushed and bit my lip nervously "If he was he'd try to kill us" "My ex left me, I've been trying to be good" "I don't trust it..." Buffy whispered to me. Spike looked at me "There's something about you..." he said "Which is?" I asked "I don't think you want me to say in front of your leader" he said gesturing to Buffy. I sighed "Wait a sec Buffy, you should go home" "You shouldn't be alone..." "I can handle myself, you saw me fighting earlier" "I don't want you killed, we just met!" "I'll be fine I promise" Buffy sighed and walked off putting her stake in the bag.

I looked at Spike "What is it about me that's so amusing?" "Well, I know for a fact your a vampire" he said. I swallowed the lump in my throat "Don't tell her please..." "How did you meet her?" "School.." "How-" "I've heard of you" I said folding my arms. Spike smirked "Oh really?" "I'm friends with Angel" a moment passed as I watched Spike look like he was thinking "Oh my God, how did I forget about you!" he said laughing "Yeah..." I chuckled nervously "Sam!" he said laughing "We had some good times!" he told me. I nodded and I noticed he wanted to hug like we were bro's. I returned the hug "I should get going, I can come back tomorrow?" "How about we catch up at the Bronze? We've got a lot to talk about!" "Yeah, tomorrow good?" "Hell yeah!" Spike and I had known each other for decades but lost touch when our group disbanded. I waved to him and started to walk home.