Comfy

My short red hair clung to my brow, I had the fluffy wool in my hand rubbing gently against my forehead to dry off the strands. After getting ready my bare feet pattered across the marble white as I went over to the handle to open as I headed towards the downstairs getting a huge whiff of what smelled like French toast. I got to the bottom of the stairs towel around my shoulders "Had a nice rinse love?" he asked glancing away from the pan for a moment before shaking it to see if it had fried good enough "Yeah,  it was very refreshing" I said sitting on my bar stool across from Spike "That's good, I hope this special toast is good for you" he said grabbing a plate full of food and handing it to me. I smiled at him taking it "Thank you babe" he reciprocated the manner getting some food for himself then sitting next to me. We dug in cutting our food into little pieces and biting into it "Did you sleep good?" I asked shyly "Yeah I was next to you wasn't I?" he asked with a smirk taking a bite of food.

I made a noise of approval to his statement continuing to eat my food next to him "True, I did sleep pretty good as well" I said chewing. Spike glanced at me with a smile on his face as we were both almost done with the delicious food, tasted of wheat, butter, maple syrup, love and bread. I put my plate in the sink kissing him on the cheek "If your sure about this I'll be back in a few hours" I said grabbing my bag "Of course love, shouldn't be stuck in cause of me" he said rubbing my back gently as I started to head towards the front door "It wouldn't be a problem to me, I could stand to lose some anxiety by-" "Hush little one, go study for me" he said kissing my forehead as I put my hand on the knob unlocking the door "Fine I'll be back later" I said walking off the steps.

Making my way up to the school glass I went through looking for my locker, passing through the halls I made it hearing a voice call to me "Hey Sam, how's it going?" I turned to see Willow looking at me with hope "Well Spike's back" I said with a smile putting my books in the metal compartment "O-Oh really? Has Buffy-" "From what I think, she doesn't even know" "Know what?" I heard a different voice behind me seeing the blonde familiar hair dangling against her shoulders "Oh um I was just talking about how my homeroom teacher doesn't know I forgot about the homework, I'll do it in that class" "If you want you can use mine" she said smiling "I think I've got it, thanks though" I said watching her try to whisper to Willow as I put more stuff in my steel locker. Life went on and I went to all my classes trying to keep Spike off my mind.

Getting stopped in the hall by Giles "Sam, I was hoping you could help me with something?" he said in his usual nervous voice pushing his glasses up closer to his blue eyes "Which is?" I asked walking with him "Can you patrol tonight instead of Buffy? She's been acting strange lately and I thought Willow should stay with her" I thought it over "Yeah I can bring Spike" "Oh Spike..." he mumbled "What?" "Nothing I thought he was missing" "He actually came back last night" "Who?" I heard a deeper voice next to me. It was Xander "Yeah Spike returned at an unusual time" I told him to catch up he seemed kind of upset or jealous "Well what are we doing tonight Giles-" I listened as the librarian explained his idea to keep watch of Buffy who tried to steal my boyfriend that of course this rumor soon came around to the man speaking to Xander. 

After speaking to them both I started heading home to Spike, he was hopefully relaxing somewhere in the house but after walking for a bit I saw the building in view. I rushed closer missing the bleached cuddly man that I love I unlocked the door "Spike?" I called out shutting the door behind me "Home already? I'll be down in a second!" he yelled from upstairs I shrugged setting my bag and coat on the hangers. Minutes passed and I heard his steps down the stairs fastening his belt "Uh what were you doing up there?" I asked rubbing my arm nervously "Oh nothing just using the bathroom!" he said putting his hands together "Well Giles wanted to know if we could patrol tonight" I said to him "Ah I could get to beating some demon ass!" he spoke with an evil grin.