Chapter nineteen: Top Secret

Start from the beginning

I managed to spill it all out by the end of our walk, we stopped in front of the girl's dormitory. "So that's why you've been really close with my brother lately..."

"Don't be jealous." I derided.

"Don't be ridiculous!"

"You're the ridiculous one. I'm not the one who got flown into a tree by a soon-to-be Guardian!"

Elias rolled his eyes. "You're gonna use that title every chance you get, aren't you?"

"Maybe, maybe not. Until then, prince Elias-"

"Hey, Katherine?" He called my name just as I was about to walk away, I turned back around and he ruffled my hair. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For coming to Gedonelune." Elias answered before taking off.

He really needs to stop doing that...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: In case you are reading the final version of this story, you probably weren't around when I told people about the girl who bullied me and choked me to the point where I needed to go to the hospital. It's really long, but it's a full detailed explanation (including screenshots) if you're wondering why a main portion of people in the comments are talking about this bully.

GET READY FOR THE STORYTIME OF YOUR LIFE:
(Feel free to skip to the next chapter now if you want, I wouldn't blame you! )

Back in 2016, when I was in eighth grade which is basically my last year of middle school, there was a girl in my gym class. For the sake of her identity, I'll blur out her name any chance I get, for now let's call her Ash. She was never my friend, she was more of someone I hung out with only in that class.

Ash went from "playfully" pushing and shoving me, to putting me in the hospital for choking me. I remember we were playing a game of kickball that day and the ball almost hit me so I scurried away from it. Some people called me chicken for it, but Ash wrapped her hands around my throat and shook me like a rag doll right in the middle of gym class.
(I was having trouble breathing to the point where I had to go to the emergency room.)

She attacked me on a Friday and I was dreading the day Monday came back around. Because when Monday arrived, I had to go back to school and talk to the resource officer. Basically, she's a cop who has her own office in the school and takes reports of incidents.

I was not just dreading reporting Ash, but scared of seeing her again. The officer took reports of everyone who was in the class when it happened; nobody claimed they saw it but her two friends, who defended her saying "she just plays rough like that."

So anyways, the officer asked if we wanted to press charges, my mom wanted to but I just wanted it to be over. She told my mom that we couldn't press charges even if we wanted to since Ash has a "right to an education." So pretty much all she did was give Ash a stern talking to and told her never to do it again.

This didn't stop her, though. This only made Ash more mad. Even though I dropped out of the class, she continued to harass and torment me any chance she got. She would purposefully walk past me in class and call me names under her breath... That year I decided I needed a change and dyed my hair blue.