The Announcement

"I don't know about you but I am completely exhausted." Emma declared as she threw herself down on the bed.

"I don't think exhausted even begins to describe it." Regina replied as she sat on the edge of the bed and began to take off her heels.

Emma sat up and began rubbing the woman's back as she looked around the room.

"You know it's funny...we haven't even moved your stuff into my place yet and now we are going to start packing my stuff up."

"Yeah, it's kind of nice though, now we will be moving in to a new place together." Regina smiled over her shoulder.

"Yeah that will be pretty wonderful. I'm a little worried about selling this house and buying a house we like in such a quick timeframe though. On top of my job, you starting the restaurant, the foster parent stuff...good grief when I say it out loud it sounds insane."

Regina sighed, "Yeah it definitely does, but you know we are both strong we can do it."

Emma smiled at her, "Shit! The fundraiser...we forgot the fundraiser...that's this weekend!"

Regina laughed, "I know, I didn't forget babe."

"Oh...of course you didn't forget..." Emma felt awfully unorganized compared to Regina.

"Hey you should be impressed by my ability to manage chaos!"

"I am!" Emma smiled as she leaned in and began placing kisses on the woman's neck. "But you know one thing that we have been neglecting during all of this chaos..."

"Mm...what is that..." Regina smiled into the kisses.

"I think you know exactly what it is..."

Ding Dong...Ding Dong...Ding Dong...Ding...

"You have got to be fucking kidding me!" Emma shouted as she stood up from the bed.

Regina laughed, "Maybe our next house won't be cursed against us having sex!"

A frazzled Emma was walking to the front door with a laughing Regina following behind. Skittles was already barking and wagging her tail at the wooden structure. Emma laughed when she looked through the windows at the top.

"Mom...Dad...so nice of you to stop by without calling first...." Emma smiled letting them inside.

"Oh shush you are always happy to see us," Mary said as she kissed her daughter on the cheek and walked in. "Regina, sweetheart, I didn't hear from you today, is everything alright?"

"Oh yeah sorry about that Emma and I had plans I was going to call you this evening about meeting up tomorrow."

"Oh okay, what were these plans that were so important?" Mary asked intrusively as she walked into the kitchen helping herself to a cookie on the counter.

Emma looked at Regina and Regina shrugged her shoulders to indicate that it was Emma's call on whether or not to tell her parents.

"Well...okay so um...here why don't you guys take a seat..." Emma began and then motioned to the kitchen table.

"Emma, do not scare me like this..." Mary said as she grabbed David's hand and took a seat.

"Don't be scared Mom...it's okay...I'm just going to spit it out...."

"Who wants coffee? I'm going to make coffee!" Regina said as she busied herself at the counter.

Emma shook her head at her girlfriend and then turned her attention back to her parents. "So, there is this boy in my classroom, Henry, he is new this year. His parent's passed away last year and he was moved from New York to here to live with his older sister who is only 19. She was taking care of him while waiting tables at a diner. A few days ago she left him...just abandoned him...and when he told me I brought him over and he stayed with Regina and I."

Emma looked at her parents who both were wearing the same blank expressions.

"Um, Julie made me call the authorities and report the situation so that I didn't get into any trouble and they came and took Henry and now he is with some foster family on the other side of town. Because of that he was removed out of school here where he had just started opening up and getting comfortable. So, long story short, Regina and I are in the process of becoming foster parents so that we can adopt him." Emma closed her eyes and then slowly opened one looking at her parents and waiting for their response.

"So, I'm going to be a Grandpa?" David asked. "To a boy?"

Emma nodded.

"That's fantastic!" David stood up and embraced his daughter.

"Really, you are okay with this?"

"Emma of course we are okay with this!" Mary replied standing up and joining the hug with her family. "You guys will be changing this boy's life! It is a wonderful thing that you are doing! I am so proud of both of you!" She turned around and faced Regina motioning for her to join them.

Regina was in shock. She could not believe just how truly wonderful David and Mary were. They were the least judgmental people that she had ever known. All they believed in was love and understanding. It's as if they were fairytale characters.

Regina walked over and joined their group hug and she swore she had never felt more love in a single moment in her life.

"So what can we do to help?" Mary asked as they all separated and Regina began to pour them all a cup of coffee.

"Well, we have to find a house and fast!" Emma replied sitting back down at the table. "The foster process takes 90 days and we have to have a house that has a bedroom for Henry."

"Actually I think we can help with that," David smiled at Mary. "That is actually why we came over here."

Emma looked up at her father confused as she took a sip of her coffee that Regina had just handed her.

"Your father and I have just decided to move out of our house. It is simply too big for us now and we were going to put it on the market but now I think we have a much better use for it." Mary smiled at Emma.

"Oh my God...you were going to sell my childhood home? The home that I have all of my memories in? The home that I still spend Christmas morning in? Seriously?"

"Emma...sweetie...bigger picture..." Regina reminded the blonde.

"Emma, yes we were going to sell it but we were going to offer it to you first. We just didn't know if you would take it since you are always so hell bent on making your own way and not taking anything from us. But this works out beautifully now don't you think?" David smiled at his passionate daughter.

Emma giggled at herself and her overreaction. "Yeah...it does work out pretty good..sorry about that..." she took a drink of her coffee. "I still don't want to take it for free though!"

Mary shook her head at her daughter's stubbornness. "How about this...when you sell this house... you can give us the money you make off of it."

"Okay, deal."

"I wasn't finished." Mary raised her eyebrows at her daughter. "And we will put it in a trust fund for Henry's college education. You will have a child to think about now, time to start putting money away."

Emma gulped at the realization of that. Shit, I'm a big girl now.