Untitled Part 35

"Excuse me did I hear you correctly? Did you just say you needed my help?"

"Please don't flatter yourself. You are my last resort." Regina sneered into the phone.

"You couldn't just let me have my moment could you?" Bianca laughed.

"It wouldn't be me if I could. In all seriousness though...I need your help..."

"Yeah, I heard you the first time, what's wrong?"

"I'm drinking again."

"Shit. Regina." Bianca sighed into the phone. "How long?"

"Well a few months now but I had it under control. I would only have a glass of wine here or there...a beer once in awhile...now I haven't stopped since Saturday morning..."

"What happened sis?" Bianca asked with much concern in her voice. The thing with Bianca and Regina was no matter how much time apart, no matter how much they fought, when they needed each other it went without saying that they were there for the other.

"It started with work. I was just so overwhelmed all of the damn time I would have a glass of wine to relax. Then, last week I met someone..."

"Well that's a good thing right?"

"Yeah, she is amazing; we were supposed to be moving in together."

"After a week?"

"Yeah..."

"Regina!"

"Shut up! It was right. We love each other."

"Then what was the problem?"

"We got into a big fight. I think I ruined everything."

"Over one fight?"

"Yes..." Regina's eyes filled with tears and she shoved them back taking another swig.

"Regina, if you are in love as you say you don't ruin it over one fight. Have you talked to her since?"

"No."

"Then how do you know that you have ruined it?"

"She hasn't talked to me."

"Did you tell her not to?"

"I told her I needed time."

"And now you are mad that she isn't talking to you?" Bianca laughed. "Oh dear sister some things never change. You cannot tell someone your wishes and then get upset when they grant them. It sounds to me like you found someone who respects you enough to listen to you. Call her."

"I can't."

"Why not?" Bianca asked growing impatient.

"She doesn't know that I'm an alcoholic.

"What?"

"I never told her."

Bianca sighed into the phone. "Does anyone in your life there know?"

"Afraid not."

"So, let me get this straight, you go out with your friends and do what? You drink with them?"