The Latte

Regina was at her townhome placing her dishes into boxes. She and Emma had decided to keep and use hers and give Killian Emma's. They could just put them in storage but quite frankly the blonde was tired of seeing him use paper plates for everything. Regina found herself checking her phone constantly over the last twelve hours for a message from Belle but it was yet to happen. She didn't understand why Belle had become so upset so fast. She knew her relationship with Emma was going to take some adjusting for the woman but she didn't think in a million years that it would end up like this.

Emma was wonderful last night. She comforted Regina through her sleepless night and reassured her that it would all work out. Emma told her that eventually Belle would calm down and that she knew they would be able to work it all out. Regina hoped that Emma was right and loved that Emma was there for her even though she knew the blonde was going to be exhausted for work today.

As she sat another box against the wall marked "Fragile" she heard her phone go off.

Belle: Can we talk?

Regina: Of course.

Belle: Where are you? I really don't want to do this over text.

Regina: I'm at my townhome. You are welcome to come over.

Belle: Be there in ten. Coffee?

Regina: Sounds delightful.

When Regina heard the bell at the door she sat down the silverware she was wrapping in bubble wrap and took a deep breath. She wasn't sure what to expect from this conversation but she was hoping that everything was going to work out.

Regina opened the door to the familiar sight of her friend with two drinks in her hand and a side smile.

"Come on in," Regina smiled and stood back to let the brunette enter.

"Thanks, here you are," Belle handed over a drink.

Regina walked into the kitchen with Belle following and took a sip of her latte.

"You know Belle..."

"Please, let me explain..." Belle began as she climbed up into one of the stools at the kitchen island.

"Okay," Regina sat her drink down and prepared to hear what her friend had to say.

"I'm sorry Regina. I was completely out of line. I really do think that Emma is quite lovely and I have never seen you this happy since I have known you."

Regina smiled, "I never have been..."

"And I am so glad."

"Then, I don't understand..."

"I don't really either. I guess I am just scared."

"Scared of what dear?"

"I'm scared that I'm going to lose you and you know that I don't have anyone else."

"Belle, you will never lose me."

"Well, you say that now but look how fast this all has happened. It hasn't even been a week and you are already moving in with her! Then last night you start talking about opening a restaurant with her! What's next marriage? Kids? I mean come on Gina there won't be much time in your life for me."

Regina's felt a pang of guilt in her stomach. She had no idea that her actions were causing her friend so much pain. She walked around the island and sat on the tool next to her friend and faced her.

"Belle, honey, there will always be time in my life for you. You are my best friend. Yes, I love Emma very much. Yes, I am moving in with her. Yes, I hope that one day in the future her and I will get married and have all of those wonderful things together. However, I wouldn't want any of those things to happen without you by my side enjoying them with me!"

"Really?" Belle smiled through tear filled eyes.

"Of course! Look, if you think that having a girlfriend is going to be enough to get rid of me then you don't know me at all!" Regina laughed and playfully shoved her friend.

Belle laughed, "Okay okay I guess I should have known better."

"And Belle...just because Emma is going to help me with my restaurant plans doesn't mean that I won't need a manager..."

Belle's eyes lit up, "Are you serious?"

"I have never been more serious. I just hadn't brought it up yet because honestly I haven't had much time to even begin planning things. Plus, there won't be any pay for quite awhile. Believe me though there isn't anyone else I would want to run a restaurant with."

"Really? What about Emma?"

" It's not Emma's passion she loves teaching. She wants to help me get it launched but it wouldn't be her day to day. That's what I need you for."

Belle leaped onto Regina pulling her into a hug. Regina smiled and returned the embrace.

"Oh Gina I love you!"

"I love you too babe."

"I'm so happy Emma convinced me to come and talk to you."

"What?" Regina said confused as Belle sat back on her stool.

"Yeah, Emma called me this morning. She said she took my number out of your phone. She called me and asked me to reach out to you. She explained how upset you were last night and that she didn't want to be the reason that two friends weren't speaking. She is something special Gina."

Regina felt her heart ache with even more love for the blonde.

"Yes, yes she is."