The Mantle

They pulled into the lot of Regina's townhome and Regina pulled into the garage as Emma found a spot in the guest lot. As Emma was getting Skittles out Regina came walking towards them.

"You will never guess the conversation that I just had?"

"What was that?"

"My mom called on my way here. She wants to meet you!" Regina looked like she had seen a ghost. "Don't worry I told her it was too soon!"

"Oh...okay...I mean don't get me wrong I would love to meet them. That would just be a lot to take in for one weekend."

"I know! That is what I told her! No worries." Emma grabbed Regina's hand and the two walked into her building with Skittles happily by their side.

"Hello Ms. Mills," the doorman greeted.

"Hello Hugh," Regina replied. He was a tall elderly gentleman with a goatee and kind eyes. "Would you please add someone to my list?"

"Sure thing Ms. Mills." Hugh walked behind the desk to a computer. "Name please?"

"Emma Swan. She is to have entry and garage access please."

"Okay Ms. Mills that is completed. Here is her key code and car pass. Anything else I can do for you today?"

Regina took the placard from his hand, "That is all. Thank you Hugh." Regina smiled and turned to a shocked Emma as they stepped on the elevator. "Now whenever you come over you don't have to worry about being buzzed in and you can park in the garage. I have two spaces and I only use one so you can have the other."

"Wow Regina thank you," Emma smiled.

"You are quite welcome."

The elevator stopped and they stepped off and walked to Regina's door with Skittles sniffing everything as they passed. Regina opened the door and motioned for Emma to walk in first.

"Okay, I am going to go freshen up and change. Feel free to make yourself comfortable and there are bowls in the cabinet next to the refrigerator if Skittles needs water."

"Okay, thank you," Emma watched as Regina disappeared down the hallway. She walked into the kitchen after taking Skittles off of her leash and smiled at how clean and organized it was. Everything was so shiny and neatly kept. She opened the cabinet and pulled out a bowl to fill with water. Emma held it up to the refrigerator water dispenser and noticed the calendar hanging above it. She saw on Saturday her name was written on it with a heart around it. Emma blushed Regina is adorable.

She sat the water down for a very thirsty Skittles and then wandered back to the living room. Emma smiled as she noticed all of the little things that she hadn't the first time she was here. The espresso bean jar candles throughout the house...mental note that must be a favorite scent...the vase of lilacs in the center of the kitchen island...favorite flower...and multiple tubes of red lipstick on an end table in the foyer.

She walked to the fireplace mantle and began to look at the pictures on it. There was one of Regina with her crew at La Pomme Merchant, one of her with a few other women, and then Emma came across one that took her breath away. When Regina said identical twin she wasn't kidding. Emma could not believe how much they looked alike. The only way she could tell her apart from Bianca was Regina's distinguished scar on her upper lip. Without that you wouldn't be able to tell which one was which.

"That was before the hard drugs," Regina startled Emma as she walked up behind her. Emma turned around making eye contact with the beauty who had a hint of sadness in her voice. "She doesn't look so much like me anymore."

"I'm sorry," Emma replied.

"It's okay. I hope one day I will have my sister back but until then I have accepted that I've done all that I can do."

Emma wrapped her arms around Regina's waist and put her head on her shoulder.

"Well, if it is any consolation, you look stunning!"

"Emma! It is just jeans and a t-shirt!"

"And?"

"And, you are crazy!" Regina laughed.

"Crazy for that body," Emma laughed.

"Wow, your charm is running out!" Regina winked at the blonde.

"Hey!" Emma laughed as Regina walked over and sat down to put on her shoes. Emma turned around and began to look at the rest of the pictures on the mantle. The next picture that she came to was a picture of Regina with a beautiful brunette with piercing blue eyes. They had their arms around each other's waists and they were both laughing. After studying the photo Emma realized that it was the same woman that had been in the work photo as well as the picture with just the other women.

"Wow, she is really pretty. Who is that?" Emma asked pointing to the picture and trying not to sound jealous.

Regina stood up and walked over. "That is Belle, we work together. She's my best friend. She's the events coordinator for La Pomme."

"Well she is gorgeous!"

"Yeah she is. She has her way with whoever she wants."

"Whoever she wants huh?"

"Aw Ms. Swan are you getting jealous!"

"No..."Emma scrunched up her face.

"Yes, you are! No worries babe. I am a one woman gal."

Emma smiled. She knew it was ridiculous to be jealous. Hell she didn't even know what her and Regina were yet. She knew one thing though; she knew that she liked her, a lot. She knew she wanted to spend as much time as possible with her. And now she knows that thought of her with anyone else drives her crazy.

"Well, I mean you can see whoever you want obviously. I mean we haven't even discussed what we want or anything yet..." Emma said these words nervously. She knew what she wanted. "I mean I know I don't want to see anyone else or anything but if you want to or whatever then you know...."

"Emma, Emma, Emma..."Regina put her finger to the blondes lips, "you like me right?" Emma nodded. "You find me attractive right?" Emma's eyes went wide and she nodded again. "Does the thought of being exclusive with me scare you in any way?" Emma scrunched her eyebrows and shook her head no. "Okay then, Emma Swan, will you be exclusively mine?" Regina smiled and Emma nodded yes. Regina replaced her finger on Emma's lips with her own and the two shared a passionate kiss.

"Well now that that is settled let's go to this trail babe!"