The Kid

"I'm back!" Regina called down the hall as she walked into the townhome where she had left Belle. Belle had told her to go to Emma and thank her for the both of them while she stayed behind and finished going through Regina's donation pile of clothing.

"Was she surprised to see you?"

"You could say that," Regina smiled as she opened her dresser drawers and grabbed another box.

"Oh you little devil," Belle laughed. "Classroom sex huh? What was that like?"

"Amazing," Regina bit her bottom lip as she recalled the earlier event.

"Damn, does Emma have a brother...or hell a sister?" Belle laughed.

"Afraid not she is an only child dear."

"Of course she is!"

"Sorry dear. Although not that sorry because wow."

"Yeah yeah at least one of us is having amazing sex." Belle sighed.

"Aw, babe, not getting any lately?"

"No, it's been awhile too." Belle said as she folded another box for Regina.

"What about that guy Matt you saw a few times?"

"Dreadful in bed," Belle grumbled.

"Eh, that sucks."

"Yeah I gave it a go a few times but couldn't stand it any longer. I'm starting to worry that I will be doomed to live a life of solitude. Just me and my vibe."

Regina laughed. "Oh now I don't want to hear any of that talk! You will find someone I know you will."

....

Emma was packing up her briefcase for the day and looked up to see that Henry was still in the classroom.

"Hey Henry everything okay?"

"Oh...yeah...sorry I just don't have a ride today and thought I could stay here for a few and see if the rain stops."

"Well if you want you know I could always give you a ride?"

Henry looked up, "Are you sure? I don't want to be any trouble."

"No trouble at all kid. Just let me send out a quick text and we can head out."

Henry nodded and grabbed his books while Emma sent Regina a text letting her know she would be late arriving at the townhome.

"Alright, you ready?" Emma asked the nervous boy who nodded in response and they headed out.

They walked in silence out to the parking lot and Emma unlocked the Jeep.

"This is me. You can set your books in the back if you'd like." She said as she tossed her briefcase in the back seat and climbed into the driver's seat.

"No that's okay I can hold them." Henry said and climbed into the passenger's seat.

"Okay, so where are we headed?"

"Millie's Diner...do you know where that is?"

Emma thought and couldn't recall the place so Henry gave her directions. They sat in silence again and then Emma's curiosity got the best of her.

"Can I ask why I am dropping you off at a diner?"

"My sister works there. I am not allowed to be home alone. She doesn't trust me. So I have to sit at the diner until she gets off of work..."

"I see. Where are your parents, if it's okay that I ask?"

"It's fine. Their dead." Henry said sharply.

"Oh." Emma was taken back. She wasn't sure how to respond to that.

"They died last year. They were killed in a car accident. My sister got stuck with me."

"I'm sorry Henry."

"Yeah, it's fine." Henry said as he stared coldly out the window.

Emma felt herself tense up at the poor kids words. She felt awful that she hadn't made more of an attempt to reach out to him sooner.

"Well, here we are kid."

"Thanks for the ride." Henry said as he started to climb out.

"No problem...and Henry..."

The boy turned back and looked at her.

"If you ever need to talk...or ya know...need another ride...just let me know okay?"

Henry nodded his head and shut the car door walking into the diner to escape the rain. Emma sighed and pulled away heading to Regina's townhome.

....

Regina opened the door and smiled at the blonde but her smile quickly turned to a frown when she saw the sad expression across her girlfriends face.

"Babe, what's wrong?"

"Oh, a student in my class, the one that I said I was giving a ride home. He seems to be quite troubled."

"Well that's too bad. Anything you want to talk about?"

"Not really...just trying to wrap my head around it is all."

"Okay gorgeous," Regina pulled her girlfriend into a hug and kissed her cheek. "Belle is still here if that is okay."

"Oh yeah, I'm happy to see her again," Emma smiled as they walked further into the townhome. Belle was sitting in the bedroom surround by shoes and she looked up as the women walked in.

"Emma! How are you?"

"I'm good thanks," Emma laughed at the insane amount of shoes, "how are you?"

"Great!" Belle said standing and walking towards the blonde pulling her into a hug.

"Oh...um..." Emma laughed as she hugged the brunette back.

"Thank you again Emma for calling me this morning. It means a lot to me."

"It was no problem at all. I'm glad that everything worked out." Emma smiled as Belle resumed her position in the middle of the shoes.

"Wow you ladies are making a lot of progress," Emma said as she noticed the stack of boxes on the wall.

"Yeah, I think Belle has claimed more than I have packed," Regina laughed.

"What can I say, Regina has great taste," Belle winked at Emma and the blonde smiled in return.

"Well, how about we call it a day and head back to our place," Emma said and looked at Regina who blushed at the words 'our place'. "I was thinking of grabbing some beers and ordering a few pizzas. You are more than welcome to join us of course Belle and I was going to see if Killian wanted to come over."

"Sounds great," Regina smiled. "What do you say Belle?"

"Food and beer? I'm in!" Belle stood up again. "Oh, and who is this Killian?"