Chunin exam

The trip home from Wave was a quiet one. Suigetsu decides to go to the Mist village and become one of the seven ninja swordsman of the mist. Haku's body was never found, likely being swept away by the river.

Naruto didn't say a word the entire trip back, only glaring at the road ahead. He was hurting, and he hated that he could feel like this still.

Sasuke kept messing with his mark, trying to break it or at least get it to stop whispering to him. Sadly, Sasuke wasn't very good with seals and was really only trying to keep his mind busy.

Sakura kept her head down, feeling useless after not being able to help her team.

Kakashi... well Kakashi kept on reading his Icha Icha book, giggling every so often.
____________________________________

Sasuke instantly got an idea. "Kakashi-sensei, can you contain this mark?"

"Hmm. Yes, though I was planning on doing that when we got to the village. The seal will work off of your own will power." Kakashi replied, putting away his book. "I saw how you stopped yourself from killing Suigetsu. Instead of stabbing him or slicing him apart with the cutting edge of the raikiri, you jabbed the wet ground, letting the lightning chakra knock him out."

Sasuke nodded. "This mark kept trying to get me to kill him, and it's influence got stronger when I tapped into its power."

"Yeah, the curse seals Orochimaru gives out aren't meant for anything but twisting the user to be more like him." Kakashi then stopped, right outside the hokage's office. "You kids go on home. Take the week off, I'll give our report."

Naruto shrugged and walked away, towards his apartment.

Sakura nodded and began jogging towards her house, intent on telling her parents about her mission.

Sasuke asked. "When will you seal this mark for me?"

"Actually. I plan on having a professional look at it. Jiraiya of the Sannin."
_________________________________

Sasuke breathed out, a gleam of sweat over his upper body. He stood, practicing the sword maneuvers he'd learned from Suigetsu. He was trying to make them part of his muscles memory.

He wasn't wearing his shirt, just his pants and shoes.

Sasuke swung the sword twice in rapid succession, spun it to reverse grip and stabbed behind him. Then sent electricity down the blade and brought it around, cutting into stone easily.

"Not bad, kid. Learn a few more moves that suit you better and you'll give any swordsman a hard time." A man with long white hair and red clothing stood off to the side with his arms crossed.

Sasuke looked over at him. "Jiraiya-sama, Kakashi-sensei told me you would look at your ex-teammate's seal. Has he already found you?"

Jiraiya grinned. "I see my reputation precedes me..." he put his fists on his hips and puffed out his chest. "I am Jiraiya of the Sannin! Toad Sage and incredible lover! Women want me, men want to be Me!"

Sasuke looked at him unsure for a moment. "I need an adult..."

"I AM an adult." Jiraiya insisted reaching towards Sasuke.
_______________________________

Hours later we find Hiruzen reading an orange book in his office.

"I checked on the boy, sensei." Jiraiya stepped through the window, startling the old Kage.

"Dammit Jiraiya, there's a door right there!" Hiruzen yelled before calling down. "Is it the same as Anko?"

"No, the boy's curse mark is vastly more powerful than little Anko's." Jiraiya replied. "But there is good news... the kid has a strong heart, he's able to actively resist the influence, and he is able to enter Sage mode naturally, he's pretty incredible. I believe he could handle the full powers of the mark without ever breaking."

Hiruzen looked at him shocked. "You mean to tell me a bit, no older than thirteen, just figured out the technique that made the first hokage so powerful?"

Jiraiya nodded seriously. "Like I said, he's incredible. With the mark actively pulling sage chakra to him he may not need to do it himself ever again and he may unlock the second level through pure force of will."

"Kami, when this kid is grown a bit more he could give Madara trouble." Hiruzen crossed his arms. "Is there anything we can do to help deal with the influence of the mark?"

Jiraiya actually grinned at that. "I've been working on a formula for that actually to help Anko. A five point tetra-tri-gram seal may do the trick if it's set up correctly in the rivers of Mt. Myobuko (sorry if I spelled FrogLand wrong lol), problem is his body would forever change." He set out a book on Hiruzen's desk.

Hiruzen looked over the old book. "Achilles?"

At that Jiraiya walked over to the window and spoke. "Achilles Senju was a mighty warrior. Unbeaten in strength and skill, no one could defeat the mighty Achilles... except Paris Uchiha. According to legend, Achilles' mother bathed him in the River Styx at a young age and the water changed him to have the body of a demigod. The problem was she held on to Achilles' foot and it never entered the waters. That fatal mistake meant that his ankle remained normal and Paris Uchiha got lucky when he hit his ankle. It was the first time the Senju had ever bled and in his shock he failed to dodge the next arrow that pierced his heart. I believe the River Styx was actually a river just like the one on the toad mountain."

"That doesn't make sense, Jiraiya. How many times have you bathed in those waters?"

Then Jiraiya laughed. "I'm not connected to that natural chakra like Sasuke or the few Senju who have had this power. If I'm right we can make Sasuke even more powerful."

Then Hiruzen nodded. "It's worth attempting. Now about Naruto..."

"I don't believe he's mentally ready for more power. At this moment if I unlocked his seal he would be as likely to vaporize the village as eat a snack. I believe he is actually unfit to be a ninja, given his mental state." Jiraiya told the Kage seriously.
______________________________

Naruto grinned as he tweaked the seal again. This is dangerous, kit...you could kill us both.

Naruto shrugged after he finished and crouched. This time when he channeled red chakra he didn't glow, red lightning crackles up his limbs for a split second before he shot forward so fast the ground broke apart and he punched a tree with such force that it was blown apart where his fist hit it. "Hell yes... that's what I'm talking about."

My chakra is altering your muscles instead of increasing your strength with chakra, so you'll get a permanent strength boost every time you access a bit more of my power... very impressive, kit. The fox truly was impressed, that the boy had such a knack for seals that he could learn advanced sealing from the seal on his chest and a few books enough to alter arguably the most powerful seal in the world.