Ch4

After Kakashi had passed them for their teamwork they began training.

"First things first. I would normally have you guys doing team building training until I thought you were ready but I believe you showed excellent teamwork so we will be learning your nature affinity. Who'd like to go first?" Kakashi held three papers in his hands.

Naruto grabbed the first one and it split in half. "Wind type, very nice Naruto. Wind happens to be the rarest of elements." Kakashi explained to the boy.

Sasuke grabbed one and it wrinkled up. "A lightning type, like myself. Very strange considering Uchiha are known for their fire release."

Finally Sakura grabbed hers and it turned to dust. "An earth type...strange, usually earth types go to heavy set males and females, maybe you should try and if it doesn't work I'll start you on genjutsu."

Naruto looked on impatiently, then Kakashi turned to him. "I'll be teaching you a very famous A-rank jutsu that my own sensei left me."

"Sasuke I'll teach you a lightning jutsu or two, since you have a matured sharingan we may get a few in." Then Kakashi turned to Sakura. "I'll try to teach you the earth wall technique. It's purely defensive but it's saved my ass on more than one occasion."

Kakashi then created two shadow clones and each grabbed a students arm and escorted them a few hundred feet away in different directions.

"Alright Sasuke, activate your sharingan and watch closely." Kakashi's right hand lit up with electricity that encompassed his palm. "This is my first original technique, the chidori. One-thousand birds."

Sasuke nodded and began replicating the chakra. He only managed to get a few arcs between his fingers. "Damn... How'd you get it to stay still?"

"Shape manipulation. Create a focal point for the energy. Maybe try coating your palm in the chakra and release it all at once." Kakashi replied.

Sasuke nodded and set to work.
____________
"Naruto, I want you to pop a balloon."

Naruto stared momentarily, waiting for his actual training.

"Seriously. It's the first step to a very powerful jutsu, known as rasengan." Kakashi created a blue sphere of spinning chakra in his palm and hit a tree with it. Go a second it drilled into the tree, then it exploded in a burst that completely blew the tree in half.

Naruto smirked. "I'll get started now..."
_____________

"Sakura, this jutsu is very easy. Do the two handsigns and literally pull a slab of the earth under you up to cover your front. It has a few weaknesses. You need earth to do the technique, more chakra means more earth pulled up, and it's not strong enough to stop higher level attacks. Once you master this jutsu I'll teach you how to do a few things with it.
____________

Four weeks later

"I'm sick of these bull shit missions, old man. How am I supposed to test my power, painting a guy's fence that wants me to roll over and die?" Naruto ground out.

"I think I can give you a c-rank. Tazuna here needs to be taken back to the land of waves. He needs protection from bandits that might try to rob him. He will need protection while building the bridge as well, do you accept?" The third hokage asked.

Team seven nodded and received their first real mission.
_________________________________

Sasuke arrived at the northern gate early, hoping to try something.

He sat down cross legged, sitting as still as possible. Feeling his chakra, he found that he could sense the smallest currents in his chakra flow.

After around half an hour, he felt something else. The subtle flow of energy around him could be drawn into him.

After a few seconds of drawing it in and slowly mixing it with his own reserves he found himself feeling stronger than ever.

Keeping his focus he opened his eyes, noting his sharingan had activated on instinct and that his chakra was a lighter color blue than normal.

"Sasuke-kun? Your sharingan looks strange. It's yellow..." Sakura pointed out.

Sasuke stopped momentarily. "Yellow?"

She nodded. "How'd you do that?"

"I dunno. I just started drawing in energy around me. It feels strange."

"I think I read about that... the toad sage Jiraiya can do that too. Uh, it's called Sage mode, it increases strength, speed, durability, chakra potency, and your senses and reflexes." She paused, touching her chin. "Supposedly, pulling it in incorrectly can turn you to stone and requires excellent control..."

"I pulled it in so slowly, and mixed it at the same time, so I didn't really notice." Sasuke pulled a Kunai and snapped it in half easily. "Wow..."

"The hell happened to you?" Naruto walked up, hands in his pockets.

Sakura shied behind Sasuke. "I absorbed the chakra around me, Sakura says it gives me a boost, but I have a feeling it runs out."

Naruto scoffed, his eyes turning red and his pupils slit. "Think it can match this?"

Sasuke grinned excitedly. "Let's find out. Sakura, can you give us some space? I don't want you getting hurt."

She nodded, and as soon as she backed away Naruto shot forward, aiming a flying punch.

Sasuke caught the punch, barely feeling the impact, then pressed two fingers to Naruto's chest and knocked him back twenty feet.

Naruto jumped to his feet angrily, channeling more chakra, resulting in a slight red glow.

Sasuke took a defensive stance, then delivered an earth shattering punch to Naruto's jaw when he got close. Naruto fell to his knees, blood spilling from his mouth. The blow had shattered his jaw, but Naruto healed quickly.

Before Naruto could jump up again the fox spoke in his mind. You're wasting your time, kit. You'd need at least four tails to beat this ability. Right now this is the most chakra you can use.