Haku's dilemma

Haku looked at his still unconcious master with a mixture of emotions. Part of him dreaded the moment his master was back at one hundred percent, for it meant he'd have to fight and possibly kill his new precious people, but the other part of him wanted to obey his father figure and wanted him back.

Haku stood. "I must go, Zabuza-sama... I need more ointments for the wound the Uchiha boy gave you." Indeed the legendary Zabuza Momochi barely survived an attack from a newly minted genin. There was little chance he'd ever have full use of his arm again but Haku was not angry with Sasuke. Sasuke did exactly as he would have done, he protected a person who was precious to him.

Haku locked the door behind him and sealed it with ice so Gato's goons could interfere with Zabuza's recovery.

Once in the forest, Haku began walking. Herbs had always been a specialty for the young boy and he took pride in his work with ointments and healing salves.

"Hi!" Haku pushed back his first reaction, hurling a senior in the direction of the offending noise, and turned. He saw a girl with pink hair and bright green eyes. She's on Naruto and Sasuke's team... Haku gave a polite smile and waved.

She walked up to him and pointed at the basket he was holding. "Those look pretty, what are they for?"

Haku lied easily. "My friend is sick and I'm making him some special tea and creams."

"That's very nice of you, miss. May I accompany you?" Sakura held out her hand.

Haku's eye twitched in irritation. "I'm a boy... everyone makes that mistake..."

"Oh... to be fair you have pretty long hair, painted nails, and you're wearing a pink kimono... Are you gay?" Sakura asked curiously.

Haku shook his head to the side. "No, this was white but it got washed with something red and I've just always worn my hair long. My nails are...well honestly I got bored and colored them."

"Can I still come with you? I really need to talk to someone." Sakura gave her best 'pretty please with cherry blossoms on top' smile and he sighed and nodded.

"My name is Sakura, by the way." She walked beside Haku, smiling slightly. "I know you're the hunter nin, but don't worry I don't want to fight. Sasuke told me how Naruto was with you... I think you could help us save him, and we might could save you."

Haku cursed. "Look, I'm going to try and subdue them without killing them, but if they tap into their darker chakras I'll have to fight seriously, meaning they could get killed."

"You think you can take them both on? Even without their dark chakra, they're very powerful genin, either could take on high level chunin and win. I want you to think about joining us, we could take you back to konoha...give you a better life... and-" Haku chopped the back of her neck, knocking her out, but caught her before she hit the ground.

Tears were rolling down his eyes and he was shaking. "I'm sorry. I can't leave Zabuza-sama... he's my most precious person. I... I don't know if I can kill you three even if it comes down to it..."

He looked at his needle pouch, the smart thing to do would be to kill her now and remove an obstacle...

But he couldn't. Instead he leaned her against a tree and set her hands in her lap. "I will try to think of a way to beat you without killing you... I swear it."
___________________________________

Sasuke opened his eyes, he was in his bed back at Tazuna's house, Naruto in the one across from him.

Naruto was sitting up in his bed, reading a scroll. "Bout time you woke up, Uchiha."

Sasuke pushed himself up, wincing at the soreness of his muscles. "You hit hard..."

Naruto smirked at that and continued reading.

"Naruto...when we fight Haku-"

"Save it. I may accept you, but I will not accept anyone who has betrayed us." Naruto then pulled his shirt up and began examining the seal.

Sasuke looked at him confused. "What are you doing?"

"Learning fuuinjutsu from the fourth hokage. If I study his style I may can replicate some of his seals." Naruto explained. "And one day, maybe crack this one."

Sasuke nodded. "Do you trust him? The fox I mean."

"With my life. He's protected me this far."