{27}

*simons POV*

"Joshhhhh" I whined. "Please walk home with me" I asked josh as I pulled the softest puppy dog eyes I could in order to persuade him to do as I asked.

"But baby we are playing football with the others tonight" he said pulling out his science book.

"Oh crap yeah. I forget about that" I said scratching the back of my neck.

"Tomorrow though, okay?" Josh softly spoke in an almost whisper as he placed his hand on my knee. I felt my stomach explode out into butterflies. The slightest of his touch made my stomach flip and my heart warm. I shot him a small soft smile.

"Okay"

"Minter. Bradley. Care to explain why you are talking when I am?" As the teacher called our names, both of us shot our heads to look at the professor. Josh removed his hand from my knee and placed it on the table as he slowly picked up each individual finger and tapping them down again.

"No? Didn't think so. Turn to page 98" he patronised.

"Or what?" I don't know what had come over me. I promised josh I was gonna try and behave more in lessons. So that I could actually stay in the lesson and spend time with him, rather than in detention of the unit.

"Excuse me minter." Sir stared down at me from the small metal frame of his glasses as he took slow, small steps towards mine and Josh's bench.

"You heard" i stared him back down.

"Simon. Stop it." Josh whispered through gritted teeth, trying not to get caught himself.

"I don't believe I did, care to repeat it for me?"

I gave josh a quick glance remembering the promise we shared. I looked down at my book before opening it.

"No sir, I don't" i spoke on an outward breath as I closed my eyes and bit the inside of my cheek.

"Very well then. Page 98. Minter" you could hear how proud he was with every word he spoke. His tone changed and you can hear the cockiness lace his every word.

"Im proud of you" josh whispered to me as he turned the text book to 98. I smiled small at his gesture. I lay my hands on the table in front of me. One hand flat against the table, one hand holding a blue pen as it scribbled away the questions and answers given on the page before them. Slowly but surely, I saw josh's hand move flat along the table until it reached my own hand. I felt the slightest touch against my little finger. Josh had placed his on top of mine and was edging his whole hand closer. I felt safe whenever he held my hand. However, at school we had to strategically plan and work our way around public display of affection because, well, no one knew about us, our sexualities, our relationship. There was a lot on the line for us but it was worth every risk to get to see the boy who I am slowly falling for everyday with a smile on his face. That smile of his seemed to make every single problem of mine float away in the dark sky above me. He bought the stars to my night time, to remind me that even if things are dark, he will be there for me. And that is all I could ever ask for.