{3}

*simon's POV*

it did hurt seeing josh like this. he really didn't deserve it... at all. he was so kind to everyone and i guess thats why sometimes he gets in these situations. if it was me, the first time freya treated me wrong, she would have been gone. however josh just always tries to see the best in every situation even if that means he gets hurt. freya was a prime example of why he should change his ways. I'm not saying he shouldn't be kind, I'm saying he should be kind while putting himself first rather than everyone else in the world.

"ill walk you home josh, i think you need some sleep." i spoke quite quietly making sure not to make him jump. he nodded and stood up while straightening out his hoodie. we stood up at the same time and we ended up way to close.

"oops" he laughed "sorry" he looked down and stepped back. it was rather... awkward.

"its calm don't worry, now get that ass out there hunny." I said the last bit in a strange sassy woman's voice in an attempt to make him laugh. i was successful he let out a small laugh while heading towards the small rope ladder before pushing the hatch open and climbing out. I switched off the final lamp by the ladder before joining him up above the ground. he helped me cover the hatch back over with dusty autumn leaves and then finally we pulled the log over it and tried to make everything look as natural as possible so no one would find our secret. i liked this place it was soothing to know that i had an escape so close to my home, the very place i wanted to escape from.

you see at the moment my mum and dad were going through a divorce and it was messy. sorting out who would take car of me and my older brother, who would move out, when the papers would finally go through to the court, if they could see other people now or they would have to wait. there was so much more stuff that came with it.

i got stressed out by how stressed everyone else was about the whole situation. my ma and pa would always try not argue in front of or around me and my brother because 'it was their problem and not ours'. they weren't very successful with that really. i just shut my door and skyped josh and the others, they kept me sane. just being in their presence makes it feel like a weight has gone off my shoulders, especially josh. its strange how people can have that effect on you.

we slowly paced through the field making minimal small talk between us.

"so you bunking tomorrow or you still going to school? either way i will do it with you."

"hmm let me think. bunk with you lot and get drunk drowning out my sorrows or go to school and have to deal with shitty teachers and snotty bitchy girls including freya. hmm i think it is pretty evident which i will do." he laughed making me chain laugh to.

"school it is then" i chuckled sarcastically to him.

As the chuckles died down josh burst out with "thank you for this simon. you really helped me see what i need to do. love you man" josh leant in for a hug which i accepted, nothing like a little bit of bromance.

"its cool man, now catch some z's you need it" I pulled away and poked his under eye bags before turning to walk into my house. josh live about 5/6 doors down from me and tobi lived next to him. we all lived pretty close. all on the same few streets which all linked together. i liked it like that, knowing how close they all are at a time of need.

I stood at my front door watching him until he entered his house. i walked straight upstairs after quietly shutting the door and tip toeing across the landong. I kicked off my shoes and pulled off my hoodie along with my shirt and jumped into bed in my navy blue rascal joggers. I started thinking about the nights events. thinking about josh's company and how much it soothed me. i finally drifted asleep when my brain thought about our hug.

Words: 746

Published: 03/07/16

Edited: