{6}

A/N

Thank you so much for 100 reads!!! i really love how the book is going so far. more to come, stay tuned!!

----------------------------------------------

*simons POV*

I lead josh out of my room and down my stairs. We slipped through the door without question from my mum or brother, who was eating lucky charms on the dark marble breakfast bar.

"Today is gonna be sooo good" I said, stringing out the "o's" on so. While walking with josh to the right of me. I looked up from in front of me to face him every so often.

"I brought some WKD in my bag" he shook his back pack so i could hear the clinking of the clear glass bottles.

"Blue?" i questioned

"what else?" We laughed together.

"You cant beat the classics sometimes"

"You're not wrong" i shrugged my shoulders and raised one corner of my mouth.

This was nice. Everything about today was amazing and josh being here made it even better if i'm honest. He just gave me this feeling that everything will be okay. He just had that affect on people.

We turned into an underpass under a train line. It was really dark and I know how josh gets in the dark. He really worries about it and he goes panicky quickly. i knew i had to plan what to do.  

"Oh no" i heard him whisper to himself as his breath hitched at the sight of the gloomy under pass.  I reached out my hand to grab his. his breathed very slowly calmed down from his panicking state of his undeniable fear of the dark. he never told me why he was so afraid, i would never expect him to do that, all i know is it still shakes him to this day hence the situation we are in now. it felt weird holding his hand but he was comfortable and calmer and that is all that matters right now. i rubbed my thumb against the top of his hand soothing him.

"when you are ready we can go, okay josh?" i spoke quietly not wanting to startle him anymore. he nodded quickly biting his lip aggressively. his eyes were heavy  because, i assume, the tears that are threatening to fall were close to coming out.

"ready" he whispered almost so quietly that i could only just hear him. he breathed out as we took our first step.

"the first step is always the hardest josh, but it gets better come on second step" i tried encouraging him into it. he stepped a little further forward into the subway. "thats it come on the third" i felt his grip tighten against my hand.

"simon can we just run please"

"of course" before i knew it i was being dragged by the hand as he ran the fastest he could through the darkness. we arrived back in the light on the other side panting, still holding hands.

"I'm sorry simon. i know I'm pathetic but believe me i have my reasons as to why but please don't ask why" I panted in time with him as i nodded slowly not wanting him to get anymore stressed than he already was.

his head tilted down to look at our tangled fingers, with our palms pressed together. i titled my head to look as well. i kept my head in the same position but raised my eyes to meet his. we both awkwardly pulled our hands apart while looking around at our surroundings avoiding eye contact at all costs.

"right we should get going, the others will wonder where we are." i moved on quickly to reduce the awkwardness. it didn't really help that much. 

"er.. yeah" he gulped as we continued our walk to the bright green open field. it was awkward and not many words were exchanged for the rest of the time walking. i was confused and kind of saddened by the sudden change of mood. it was... odd. i shot him a glance every now and then to make sure he was alright, he seemed it but i could see the gears in his head clicking into work, spiralling his thoughts.

"there they are, come on" i threw my head, directing josh to where i was looking. i had spotted the other sitting in a circle on the field.

"took ya time" jj turned to face us throwing me a can of fosters with an opened smile. 

i clicked the top off, took a sip and sat down. "yeah sorry my hair dryer broke down this morning." i covered for josh, i didn't think he would appreciate me sharing our little experience. josh sat down next to me and whispered a quick 'thank you for covering' in my ear as he grabbed my can out of my hand and took one large gulp of it. i stared at him the whole time.

"simon mate do you fancy josh or something?' harry chuckled making the others laugh.

"no shut up" i shot back

"alright keep your primark pants on, its just the way you look at him"

"actually I've got calvins on" i pushed the bottom of my t-shirt up showing my v-line and i pulled out the band of the calvins. i pushed my head forward a little as a smug smile claimed my face. harry put his hands in the air surrendering. 

"alright, alright. you win." we all laughed at the banta between us. i knew it was all a joke and i was fine with that but i don't fancy josh, do i? i couldn't. could i?

A/N- what do you guys think of the book so far? is it going to fast or to slow or is it fine?

Words: 955

Published: 16/07/16

Edited: