{1}

*Simon's POV*

"Josh you bunking tomorrow with us or nah?" I sipped my drink as I leant back on my omega gaming chair as I listened to the small talk amongst the other sidemen, what we call our group. me, josh, jj, tobi, vikk, harry, ethan. The troublesome 7, as we were known at school. Vikk and tobi were not in trouble a lot but still they were a part of our group. we were planning on bunking tomorrow and going to get some alcohol in and sit around the big open field at the back of jj's house. Me and josh would go there a lot, our family wasn't the best if i was honest.

"nah sorry lads, spending the day with freya" ugh. freya. she was the she devil. she treated josh so wrong and it upset us all because he was so madly deeply in love with her.

"wait. i thought you two broke up yesterday because she cheated on you with that Brian kid from geography" jj questioned. the call suddenly filled with quieten downed 'ooo'. we were all thinking it.

"she said she was sorry" no matter how crap freya made josh feel he still defended her.

"man you get mugged off by her bare" I shot back unwillingly. it just kinda fell out.

"enjoy your bunking tomorrow I'm going bed" josh bluntly stated as he simultaneously left the call.

"I feel bad for him man" we all agreed to the statement vikk made.

"I am gonna shoot off as well now guys, night"

after a chorus of 'bye's' and 'nights' i left the call and skyped josh.

"what do you want simon?"

"I am sorry, I didn't mean to say it. it just kinda came out"

"to be honest you are right si" i saw the buffering wheel of his camera turning on.

I saw his face pop up. he looked quite cute if I am honest, his hair was ruffled and his eyes were puffy.

"simon I need to see you, usual place please"

"of course"

with that the call ended, i grabbed my all black hoodie and my adidas white and black superstars.

it was 9:34 pm as i walked down the stairs to see my mum sprawled across the sofa asleep while my dad was upstairs. i slipped out the back door and picked up my pace to arrive at the field quicker.

as you walked through the gate you walked towards the tree just in front of you and turn right, walk pretty much straight, with a few twists and turns, till you reach the log marked with a red cross on one of the twigs and that was our spot.

me and josh had dug into the ground and made a secret cabin that no one else knew about. we pushed dark oak planks in the ceiling and the sides so it wouldn't cave in. there was a simple battery powered lamp in each corner. Strings of fairy lights littered the top of the walls making the cabin have a relaxing vibe. no one came to this park much so it was beautiful. it was special.

I rolled off the log on top of the enclosed door and swiped away the brown crackled leaves. i pulled up the metal loop and jumped down. josh was already there, sat on the chair facing away from me. I walked up behind him and massaged his shoulders lightly, rubbing small circles with my index, middle fingers and thumbs, resulting in him rotating his head to the side to see me. i took a seat next to him and just stared at him while a small gentle tear rolled down his cheek.

and that was when my heart cracked slightly.

Words: 638
Published: 02/07/16
Edited: 03/07/16