10

*Listen to music while reading*

Jangmi's POV

Aish...now I created more problems.

Really Jangmi? Your cousin? You don't even know your uncle's name.

I sighed as I cut along the lines of my science picture.

"I need to go to the bathroom."

Hana looked at me. She leaned next to my ear.

"Do you have any....napkins?"

Ahh...I see.

"Yeah, just take my bag, it's in the first pocket," I whispered.

Hana nodded and slung my bag over her shoulders, walking up the stairs.

As her footsteps could not be heard anymore, I reached out onto the table to grab the glue.

Baru snatched it before my hands could even touch the container.

Well then.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I reached for the art box for another container of glue when Baru pulled the box towards him, moving it out of my reach.

Ugh, I'm too lazy to go around. Have it your way, Baru.

I walked over to the left side of the living room, where the bookshelves were.

Where did I put my science textbook? I'm pretty sure I placed it in the bookshelves somewhere...

I looked up and down the covers.

Aha!

I saw my dusty textbook hidden away between the fantasy novels, on bookshelf row #9.

Damn my short height.

I stood on my tippy toes, stretching my fingers. I could feel the bottom of the book binder cover.

Just...just a little further.

I held my breath as my fingernails kept scratching the shelves.

Then I saw a hand stretch out and grab the book.

I turned around.

It was Baru.

I felt a burn come up to my cheeks.

Baru held the book, looking into my eyes.

I looked back, wondering if he could hear my heart beating nonstop.

______________________

Taehyung's POV

Cousins?

I frowned and threw my lollipop stick to the ground.

I'm not her cousin...why did she say that? Is it because of that Baru kid?

I turned my head in confusion as I walked out of my room and dragged my feet down the stairs.

"Hey, pabo, where are yo-"

I stopped my footsteps as I saw Jangmi in the living room.

Jangmi was pinned to the bookshelves. She had a nervous look on her face.

I saw Baru lean into her face, and Jangmi moving her head backwards into the wall, squinting her eyes shut.

I felt a dragon rise into my chest.

"YAH! BACK OFF YOU LITTLE-"

I grabbed the collar of Baru's uniform as I pushed him to the ground and punched his jaw.

Once.

Twice.

I saw blood seeping out of his lips. A...tear(?) dripping from the corner of his eye as he lifted the corners of his mouth in a smile.

"TAEHYUNG! STOP IT!" I felt Jangmi's hands grab my arms and pull me away from Baru.

She knelt down next to Baru, looking into his eyes.

"Baru, are you okay?"

I stood there, without a word as Jangmi took out a tissue and place it on his lips to cover his cut.

Jangmi then turned her head, looking at me.

"You know Taehyung, I thought you were a nice person. But I guess my thoughts were wrong. You just judge a person and wait until they end up getting hurt."

Jangmi's words seemed to pierce me.

I clenched my fists and turned my head, walking into my room before slamming the door.

_________________________

Hana's POV

What happened?

I saw Jangmi and Baru pinned to the wall.

What...no...

Then I saw Taehyung walk up to Baru and punch his jaw.

Oh no!

I was about to walk up to them, when Jangmi stopped him and Taehyung walked away, leaving Baru and Jangmi together.

"Are you okay?" I heard Jangmi say.

"Yeah," Baru remarked. "It's nothing."

"No, it's not nothing," Jangmi answered. "I guess Taehyung was in a bad mood."

Baru chuckled.

I scoffed.

Then I walked into the living room.

"Um..."

Jangmi and Baru immediately stood up and acted normal, like nothing had happened.

Pssh. Jangmi, I'll get you...good thing you're so stupid...you really think I need napkins?

______________________________

lol