Chapter 27 - Who is he?

**A/N: I wrote this when I was 13/14 and do make reference to topics relating to mental health. I was young and did not have a full understanding of the reality of some of the issues I do mention. Obviously, it is not always depicted in a realistic manner and is not necessarily true reflection of these issues. If you are struggling please reach out:)This also does not accurately reflect the adoption process, this is purely a fan fiction and should not be taken seriously.

---

~ before ~

She pointed at a weird looking guy who I had never seen before.

"I don't know him, I haven't seen him in my entire life."

That's when Lilly came running in through the doors and tackled the man to the ground...

~ now ~

> Lilly's P.O.V <

As I pulled up in front of Ellie's school I had no plans to pick her up...I just wanted to be there in case anything weird somehow happened. After sitting in the car paying full attention to everything happening on the street for about 5 minutes I decided that it would be okay to take my phone out and go through instagram for a bit. I then texted Ellie asking how her day was going, the usual.

Then my heart stopped...

I saw the same car from before pull up in front of the school...the car that the man had gotten into. I quickly got out, close to a panic attack and in the rush I tripped on the curb. From the ground I could see the man was now inside the school office. Ignoring the scrapes on my knees and brushing off the random old lady who was trying to ask if I was okay, I quickly dragged myself up and sprinted into the office.

I burst through the doors, and I saw him talking to the office ladies and Ellie. The next thing I knew I was on top of him and screaming...

> Ellie's P.O.V <

"STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM MY FAMILY," Lilly screamed.

I had no idea what was going on, like I said, I had no idea who the man was. Was he trying to kidnap or hurt me...?

"CALL THE POLICE, HE'S TRYING TO HURT HER," Lilly screamed again.

I pretty much broke down crying as one of the teachers dragged me out of the office and into a nearby classroom. The school lockdown alarms began to sound. Was Lilly going to get into trouble? Who was this man?

Less than 5 minutes later I heard sirens. Police cars. I badgered a teacher, "what's going on? I'm scared." She wouldn't tell me anything. Nobody would. I knew that Lilly wouldn't tell me to run unless she had a real good reason to. So I ran. I ran to the girls bathroom and texted Hanna to tell her I was okay as of now. I didn't tell her where I was, I wasn't sure if that weird man would have taken her phone. All she needed to know now was I was safe. I was pretty sure I was safe. I just really don't want to lose Lilly. Hanna and her are the only things in my life that have stayed constant throughout this whole thing. I just really hoped Lilly is ok...not in trouble for tackling the man, she wouldn't have done this without a valid reason to do so.

I'd been hiding in the bathroom for almost an hour and a half before I saw Lilly come in. Her eye was a little swollen; and I couldn't tell if it was because she had been crying or if that asshole had punched her. I run over and hugged her. I hugged her tighter than ever before. "I won't let go" i whisper; just loud enough that she can hear. In that moment i feel her squeeze harder than she ever has; and I ignored the fact that I almost couldn't breathe. All I could think about was her. I wanted this moment to last forever... but just as i think that; the principal came over and tapped Lilly on the shoulder. "May I speak to you in my office?" she calmly asked. Lilly looked at me.

"Are you okay ... mum?" I asked. This was the first time I had ever called her that...mum.

Lilly slightly smiled.

"You just called me mum..."

"yeah... is that okay?" I questioned if I had made the right decision.

"Its perfect."

The principal takes her back and starts walking her away to her office. I saw my teacher behind them. She came over and says to me "are you okay?" I nodded. "Is that guy gone?" I asked her. Not yet. He needs to talk to you.

I felt a wave of panic. But my own teacher wouldn't put me into any danger...would she?

"Can you come with me? I don't trust him," I awkwardly asked.

She laughed a little before responding, "Sure, I'll come with you."

We sat down in her office; and he's already in there. I wasn't sure who the hell he was or why the hell he was there.

"Ok." he said, "what do you want to know?"

"Um how about who the hell are you? Why are you here? What are you doing to Lilly and why?" I passively aggressively responded.

"Wow. Okay. As for who I am; I'm your father. I'm here to take you back. I simply told her i wanted to take you back; and she lashed out at me; saying you were hers now; and it didn't matter what I did, she would end up with you. So I came here."

"Ok. Why are you just coming for me now? Why did you leave me in the first place? And I'm not going with you. Lilly signed all the paperwork; and legally I'm her daughter, in my mind and hers im her daughter, and I love her. All you are is a dickhead who abandoned me, leaving me thinking my whole life that you were either dead or wanted me dead..."

---

SO TWO DAYS AGO I FOUND OUT THAT I'M MEETING LILLY!! IN 69 DAYS, ON MAY 17!!

I am still in denial omg! 

I hope you all get to meet her on book tour :)

- Nic xx