Chapter 17 - Truth or dare.

>Ellie's P.O.V<

It was Monday and I had to go back to school. It was okay, I finally had friends and no one gave me a hard time although I knew it was because I was adopted by Lilly. Lilly Singh. To them she was a youtuber, funny. To me she was a superhero. But I guess she was that to quite a lot of her fans as well.

I woke up late like usual and ran my fingers though my greasy hair in an attempt to make it even slightly presentable. I sprinted to my closet looking for a shirt and some shorts because the weather was getting warm but I could only find a tank top and jeans. I then realised that Lilly had also just woken up. She had a shower and like usual, I ran out of the apartment with 2 juice boxes.

When I got to school Hanna was standing at the front gate like usual, "Hurry up! We have 2 minutes and we have to get to the other side of the school." We sprinted making it with a few seconds spare. I glanced into the half full classroom. We clearly weren't the only ones who were late. The teacher walked in. A supply teacher. Great. She frowned at the 15ish students nervously facing her and started writing something on the board. "200 word story based on ancient egypt" It was a history class after all.

People were slowly walking in late nervously hoping the teacher wouldn't notice, but he had already called attendance. He didn't even talk, he just briskly wrote down the names of everyone who was late. Probably for a demerit, or even worse, a talking to from our normal teacher.

The day went by slowly, after what felt like years the first break finally came. I sat and ate my vegan chicken sandwich. We then played truth or dare, which is never a good idea when at school but it was fun.

Anna: Truth or dare...ummmmm.... Hanna!

Hanna: Dare

Anna: I dare you to...go give that guy a hug

Hanna: COME ON

Anna: He's like 11 just do it

Hanna: damn you

We all laughed hysterically as she executed the dare.

Hanna: Truth or dare Ellie

Me: Dare

Hanna: I dare you to...spin in circles for 10 seconds

Me: But I'm wearing a skirt

Hanna: A dare is a dare

Me: Fine...

I stood up hoping no one was watching and did the dare to find that a teacher was watching. We were all trying to hold in our laughter as they glared at us. No one else had seen because we were in a corner. That's when I remembered that we were out of bounds. Just when the teacher was about to say something Melissa burst out laughing, clearly unable to told it in anymore. I managed to barely contain myself.

I didn't know this teacher, but I think her name was Miss Laraine or something like that. She then finally said, "This isn't anything to be laughing about Melissa, and you won't be laughing when I call your parents. Get to my office and wait there." Melissa slowly walked off still with a smirk on her face. Knowing her she would find a way to get off scot-free.

The teacher continued, "What do you think you were doing Ellie? Dancing?" I quickly nodded. "Well this isn't the right time and you aren't in appropriate clothing. The uniform policy says that if you wear a skirt it has to be at knees length." Isabella butted in, "But she's new." The teacher rolled her eyes and pointed to a nearby bench. Isabella flipped her hair and sat down. The teacher then looked at Anna, Hanna and I. She bitterly stared at us before sending us off with a demerit and giving me a uniform notification.