Chapter 23 - Nerves.

**A/N: I wrote this when I was 13/14 and do make reference to topics relating to mental health. I was young and did not have a full understanding of the reality of some of the issues I do mention. Obviously, it is not always depicted in a realistic manner and is not necessarily true reflection of these issues. If you are struggling please reach out:)

Trigger warning: panic attack/anxiety **

>Ellie's P.O.V<

Everything started to shake. It felt like a legit earthquake, except we were in the air. The flight attendants were running around the freakin plane, as if that's supposed to calm everyone down. And if they were trying to they were doing a terrible job. "Wh...what's happening?" I quickly asked Lilly. "I. Don't. Know." She replied. She looked more terrified than me.

"Everyone take your seats and REMAIN CALM," was the announcement that came over the loudspeaker.

I heard someone yell, "eff airplane mode ima try to tell my family I love them"

As if you were going to get reception from up here.

Some people needed to learn to use their brains.

Okay, maybe I was trying to calm myself down by thinking of sarcastic comments, but you get it.

We then heard a strange sound and could smell smoke. Babies were crying and there were old couples holding hands and crying. Lilly was trying to stay calm so I wouldn't freak out. But I was. My hands were violently shaking as my vision blurred.

>Lilly's P.O.V<

I looked over at Ellie and she was shaking and crying. Crap. Great time to have a panic attack. I hope you are hinting my sarcasm. "It will be okay, breathe."

She shook her head and kept crying. "I can't" She replied. "Yes you can."

That's when there was another announcement.

"We will be landing. Stay in your seats and remain calm."

The aircraft kept shaking as we descended much faster than considered normal. I looked out the window and there were emergency services and people all along the sides of the runway.

What was happening?

The engine made another odd sound before I felt an insane pain run through my body. The plane had done a belly flop landing. Why didn't they warn us? The relief I felt as we got out of the plane and were safe was unreal.

>Ellie's P.O.V<

I started to calm down. We walked into the terminal to find the rest of the family. It felt strange to call them my family. They always called me their family.

We hugged before rushing to make the flight to Sydney. I was now scared of planes...great!

But Lilly would protect me. 

---

I know another short chapter...i'm the worst.

I hope everyone is having a splendid day and if not its in your control.

Be happy and smile more

~ Nic xx