Chapter 19 - Dark.

**A/N: I wrote this when I was 13/14 and do make reference to topics relating to mental health. I was young and did not have a full understanding of the reality of some of the issues I do mention. Obviously, it is not always depicted in a realistic manner and is not necessarily true reflection of these issues. If you are struggling please reach out:)

Trigger warning: hospital **

~before~

>Ellie's P.O.V<

There was a lot more but before I saw the rest my vision went blurry and unlike the killing suspense blackness came over me within a second.

~now~

>Unknown P.O.V<

I was walking through the foyer, to get into the elevators to head up to my apartment. It was a normal day, a few people lingering, sitting down, making phone calls. The usual. As I walking, out of the corner of my eye, I saw an old lady looking concerned. I tried to see what she was looking at. A girl. Sitting in a chair. And upon taking a closer look I discovered that she was unconscious...

>Lilly's P.O.V<

It had been about 4 hours and when I finally got let out I was so happy! I was walking through the ER to get to the carpark when I heard a familiar voice. That's strange. I continued walking. "We are unaware of where her guardian is." That voice came from the same direction. I heard a familiar voice reply, "want me to call her?" "Yes thanks."

My phone started vibrating in my pocket and as this happened I got a tight feeling in my stomach as the contact name read Ellie. I anxiously slid across and in a raspy voice said, "hello?" That's when I heard the words that I was waiting for, but at the same time was hoping wouldn't come.

Where are you?

Three simple words that can mean so many things in so many situations. Three words that would usually mean no more than 'why are you late' or 'are you home' but all of a sudden they meant I wasn't there when Ellie needed me.

I know. I was psyching myself out. I tried to calm down before replying so I didn't freak Ellie out but I couldn't say anything. No words came out. After a few seconds of awkward silence Ellie said, "are you there?" "yes." "why do you sound so close?"

Then a doctor walked out of a nearby room, scaring me so much that I nearly dropped my phone. He said in a serious voice, "are you uh *flips through paper* Ellie's guardian?" My stomach dropped. "Yes."

>Ellie's P.O.V<

I felt a heaviness come over me as the life slower entered back into my body. At first I was confused but I then remembered what had happened. I then remembered why it happened. Shit. I tried to sit up which just made the migraine in my head 10000000x worse. Ugh. A moan escaped my lips as I saw a notification come up saying 17 missed calls from Lilly. That's when a doctor walked in. "You're awake!"

No shit sherlock.

I came very close to making a sassy remark but controlled myself and just nodded. He them went on to ask who my guardian was and where she was. The answer was honestly, "i don't know." I eventually got told to call her and when I did alarm bells were ringing. I knew something was wrong. Very wrong.

That's when Lilly walked in, slowly. She looked so tired and worried. I hated seeing her like that. She had dark circles under her eyes, the darkest I had ever seen them. And I had watched all of her at2ui vlogs.

She then quietly thanked the doctor and sat in the chair next to me. There was a few minutes of awkward silence before Lilly said, "hi." I replied, "hi."

I didn't know why it was so awkward but it was. I still felt a heaviness over my head. I often got migraines and even though I got them a lot I wasn't used to them. They felt like your head was about to explode.

~hours later~

I think I must've fallen asleep because I woke up at what felt like 4am. I turned over to see if Lilly was still there and she was. She was staring at me. Was she asleep or awake? Don't be stupid. She was obviously awake if she was staring into my soul. Was she watching me sleep? "Lilly are you okay?" She sorta jumped up a bit and said, "yea." A loud yawn escaped her lips as she turned on her phone. I was nearly right, it was 4.30am.

She then said, "So...how do you feel?"

"I feel better...how bout you?"

"I feel better. I think you can come home this morning."

"Did you sleep?"

"No."

Lilly needed sleep, and lots of it.

"Why don't you try to get some sleep?" I asked.

"I'll be right."

She even sounded tired.

"No Lilly, you need sleep," I replied sternly.

"Fineeeeeee."

>Lilly's P.O.V<

I woke up to the sound of a doctor walking in. Ellie was awake. I must've fallen asleep. Then I remembered Ellie making me go to sleep. When the doctor noticed I was asleep he said Ellie could go home. I quickly grabbed all of our stuff and we walked to the car. I then drove home. Not a word was said. As soon as we got home Ellie went and did god knows what and I got some more sleep.

I woke up at around lunchtime and Ellie was in the main room having some cucumber. A bunch of memories all of a sudden came to mind. When Ellie was shy. When I first showed her my videos. I then casually asked, "Do you wanna watch some youtube with me?" "Sure!"

We spent the whole afternoon on youtube. That's when I remembered that the next day was Ellie's last day at that school before summer! That made me so happy, more time to spend with her. 

---

A/N Sorry this chapter is short. I'm updating in class because why the hell not.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR 3K READS!!! ALSO 199 VOTES AHHHHHHHHHH

This chapter is dedicated to @TeamSuper2004 because they left some kind comments that made my day!

Be happy and smile.

~ Nic xx