Chapter 18 - Blurry face.

**A/N: I wrote this when I was 13/14 and do make reference to topics relating to mental health. I was young and did not have a full understanding of the reality of some of the issues I do mention. Obviously, it is not always depicted in a realistic manner and is not necessarily true reflection of these issues. If you are struggling please reach out:)

Trigger warning: hospital, fainting **

>Ellie's P.O.V<

I woke up at about 5am to hear loud moaning coming from Lilly's room. I quickly got out of bed and slipped on a dirty shirt that was sitting on the floor. I got up and saw Lilly on the ground lightly sobbing. "What happened?" "My chest." She showed me and there was a purplish/blue bruise and it was huge. "Lilly you need to rest." "But work" "I don't care. Go back to bed."

I had no chance at falling asleep again so just watched youtube on my phone until I had to get ready for school. I just wore a random shirt and some jeans because it was a coldish day. Not very cold but cold enough to wear long pants. I than ran out of the apartment with 2 juice boxes and met Hanna at the gate like usual.

We went to English and it was so boring. She was on her phone all lesson and I was talking to Melissa. I'm not sure how that teacher didn't notice her on her phone but we didn't get into trouble. When it was finally recess we went into the bathroom to talk and take selfies without being caught and getting into trouble.

>Lilly's P.O.V<

I was texting Hanna's mom and she was also wanting to take Hanna out of that school. We were talking and decided to move them to the same school so they could still be together. That's when the pain in my stomach got much worse. I called Yousef since he lived the closest and he carried me (muscles and everything) to his car and although I told him not to he carried me right into the emergency room. "Come on Yousef I don't need to be here." "Yes you do Lil." I rolled my eyes and the next thing I knew I was lying on a hospital bed explaining to a doctor what pain I had been in.

The doctor opted to give me an x-ray but because I had been put on painkillers by then I don't remember much. I just remember waking up in a hospital bed with needles in my wrist. Crap. Yousef was sitting in a chair, "Wha...what happened?" That's when a doctor walked in and explained, "There is nothing wrong with you but the severe pain is happening because you fell on a strange spot. It will get worse if you don't rest and you need to stay on the drip for a few hours to rehydrate."

I didn't have time for this, even though it was obviously for my health. And how about Ellie? Where was my phone? I reached into my purse and found it after rummaging around for a few minutes. I didn't know how long I was going to be there, hopefully only a few hours. I texted Ellie.

Me: Hi Ellie, don't freak out but im in hospital i should be out in a few hours just go straight home.

I hoped that she wasn't going to freak out.

>Ellie's P.O.V<

It was second break and I was messing around with my friends. That's when my phone went off in my pocket. I'm glad it went off because I thought it was on silent. I quickly got it out to switch it on silent...when I noticed it was from Lilly. Strange. She didn't usually text me during the school day. She probably meant to send it to someone else. I turned my phone off without reading the message.

We had one more class before it was time to go home and I was in an arrogant mood (which is never a good thing with me). I felt jumpy and hyper (which makes it even worse). Everytime I got into one of these moods I either got into trouble or broke something/hurt myself. I cringed as I remembered being back in the orphanage and jumping of the top bunk playing truth or dare. Do you see the pattern with stuff that happens when I play truth or dare? Asking me to play that is basically saying 'let's watch Ellie do something insanely stupid'.

That incident earned me a pleasant trip to the emergency room, and not because of fainting but to stitch my face up. And of course by pleasant I mean waiting 5 hours late at night to be even given a room. Ahh memories. Sometimes I kinda missed my few friends there but life with Lilly was absolutely amazing. She had done so much for me. She had changed my life.

Back to the point, I was basically jumping off walls in this classroom, with one of the strictest teachers in the room. Hanna was trying to get me to calm down, "I'll give you sugar after school." Melissa protested, "NO! She will go even more crazy." The teacher then shouted "Silence, all of you." I had the most creepy smile on her face as I briskly nodded.

I then kinda stood on a chair and when I fell I put my foot onto another chair causing me to go into the splits and slam one of the chairs into the wall. Surprisingly the teacher couldn't work out who had caused the large dent in the wall...oops.

After the bell finally rang Hanna and I went to get a milkshake before we both parted ways. I started heading home when my phone started vibrating like crazy. I saw that Lilly had sent me a bunch of texts and they were just coming through then. I was standing in the foyer for Lilly's apartment complex by then. There was like 15 messages so I sat on one of the chairs and read them.

Lilly: Hi Ellie, don't freak out but im in hospital i should be out in a few hours just go straight home.

What?!?

Lilly: Please reply if your are seeing this

Lilly: Are you okay?

Lilly: I'm fine dont panic when you see these

I was panicking

There was a lot more but before I saw the rest my vision went blurry and unlike the killing suspense blackness came over me within a second. 

---

A/N OHHHHH THE END TO DAT CHAPTER DOE ... if i were reading this i would be pissed for such a cliff hanger but you'll have to wait hehe

Next chapter should be up in a couple of days...hopefully

Smile and be happy

~ Nic xx