Chapter 26 - Him.

**A/N: I wrote this when I was 13/14 and do make reference to topics relating to mental health. I was young and did not have a full understanding of the reality of some of the issues I do mention. Obviously, it is not always depicted in a realistic manner and is not necessarily true reflection of these issues. If you are struggling please reach out:)This also does not accurately reflect the adoption process, this is purely a fan fiction and should not be taken seriously.

--- 

> Ellie's P.O.V <

A week at my new school had passed and everything was going great! My new friends made me feel so welcome and so far none of the teachers hated me, although the amount of laughing and talking Hanna and I did in class, that would be soon to change.

> Lillys P.O.V. <

I heard a knock at the door, and I expected to see someone trying to sell me something. I quickly ran to the door, opened it and saw a skinny man with dark hair and frail skin.

"Are you Lilly Sighn?"

"Singh?"

"Yes, that's it. Can I talk to you quickly?"

Alarm bells were ringing in my head so while discretely blocking the doorway with my body so he couldn't try to break in.

"What do you want to talk to me about? I don't have much time, I'm busy today."

"Well this cannot wait."

He said this in a stern voice that left me with goose bumps. I had never seen him before in my entire life and I didn't know why he was here. What if he was a stalker, someone who knew me as a celebrity figure and found my address? Many questions like this swirled through my head as I asked him to come talk downstairs on the street so he couldn't kidnap me.

Clearing starting to get frustrated I asked him what he wanted.

His response made me feel sick to the stomach.

"Ellie is my daughter."

After giving myself a second to take in this information, and knowing he could definitely be lying, I responded "no she is not, I have adopted her and I have the forms. I have the right to call the police if you come here."

I hadn't been given much information on her biological parents but I did know that they had abandoned her when she was only one years old, a lot of it drug related. They had left a note saying that they couldn't care for her. But Ellie only knew the "abandoned at one" part.

Expecting the man to leave at the threat of the police I began to head inside but then realised he wasn't leaving.

"Go away, leave, or I'm calling the police."

I pulled my phone out showing I was going to go through with the threat.

"You will regret this," he mumbled.

He then walked to his car and sped away. I stood there confused as to what happened. His last words kept playing in my head. But I reassured myself that I had definitely adopted Ellie and even if he was her biological father he had no authority to take her as his own. He wouldn't try to hurt her...would he?

I knew I was overthinking this whole thing, he was probably a creepy dude who found me online, stalked me and just wanted to scare me. But what if this wasn't true, what if he was going to Ellie's school right now to...kidnap her. This thought left me on the verge of crying and I decided to leave early to pick her up.

> Ellie's P.O.V<

My day had been going great, I was in 3rd period and it was probably around 12.30pm when my phone buzzed. Shit. I hadn't turned it on silent. Without looking at it I reached into my pocket and quickly switched it onto silent. I wasn't about to get into trouble for having it go off again...

The bell went and we all went into lunch. I sat in the same group I had been sitting in since my first day. We all sat and laughed, I was really happy to have made some good friends. Lilly was right when she said that I was going to be okay. About 10 minutes into our break I heard on the loudspeaker... "Can Ellie Singh please come to the front office with her bag."

That was weird. I didn't think Lilly would be picking me up halfway through the day with no reason. When I walked into the office Lilly was no where to be seen. The lady said to me, "Your father is here to pick you up for an appointment."

This confused me.

"But...I don't have a father," I bluntly responded, thinking they were trying to mess with me. "My father abandoned me when I was a baby, so it's not funny to fuck with me like that." I was close to tears.

"Watch your language, don't joke about that stuff. See, your father is right there."

She pointed at a weird looking guy who I had never seen before.

"I don't know him, I haven't seen him in my entire life."

That's when Lilly came running in through the doors and tackled the man to the ground...

---

A/N

Heyyyyyyy fam! Hope you liked that chapter! If it seems like theres different writing types in this its because jordyjazz1_ has been helping me! We write slightly different so sorry if you find that confusing at all haha.

Remember to stay alive and be happy, I love you all!

~ Nic xx