Chapter 15 - Smart or not.

>Ellie's P.O.V<

Hanna and I had both completely forgot to finish our essay. Oh well. He won't do anything anyway. We sat and waited in front of the classroom because we were 5 minutes early, unlike the day before. We sat and drank our juice boxes like every morning and then when the teacher came we went in. We didn't have the teacher who wanted the essay until second period that day so we didn't need to worry until then.

We actually behaved and didn't talk all lesson for once. This kid jumped on the teacher's desk. That was interesting. After that class finally ended we headed to our next class, in which we had given the nickname 'death hole'. When we walked in the first half of the class happened like normal. The teacher then asked us to come outside for 'a quick talk'.

Teacher: Did you write your essays.

Me: Uh yes.

Teacher: Where is it then?

Me: I left mine at home because I didn't think we needed to bring it.

Hanna: Same.

Teacher: Well what do you think this is?

Me: Science class.

Teacher: Don't be smart with me.

Me: But don't you want us to be smart?

Teacher: What has gotten into you young lady? Hanna? Do you think this is funny?

Hanna: No.

Teacher: Why are you laughing then? You can both sit out here and finish your essay. You will not say a word and I'm still deciding if I'm going to keep you in for a detention.

We sat and talked quietly so no one could hear. We eventually got the stupid essay done with about 2 minutes left in the lesson. He walked out and said that we had to stay in. Seriously. We literally just sat and did nothing.

>Lilly's P.O.V<

Humble was leaving the next day so we decided to organise a goodbye dinner for him. I had some chipotle for lunch so I was near Ellie's school. I had done a few emails and vlogged a bit. After that I texted Ellie so she knew to walk up to the usual place for a milkshake.

After what seemed like forever she finally came. We sat and shared a milkshake while talking about random stuff. We then walked back to my apartment. Humble was editing a video and Ellie did some homework. "GET READY WE'RE GOING OUT IN 20 MINUTES!" Ellie replied, "YOU SHOULD'VE GIVEN ME A COUPLE HOURS NOTICE." I found this way too funny.

When we were all ready we left and went to a nice Indian place in downtown LA. Ellie seemed to really love Indian food. She was wearing a pair of ripped jeans and I nice purple tank top with a red blazer on top. They were some of the clothes that I had gotten with her when she first came.

>Ellie's P.O.V<

It was very nice of Lilly to take us out because Humble was leaving. I knew I was going to miss him because he was very funny and I loved watching him and Lilly play deal while bickering in the vlog. It was 8pm when we left and when we got back to the apartment Lilly told me to let myself in so she could get something from the car. Humble had gone to get a drink from downstairs so I was alone for a few minutes.

While I was in there alone I noticed that the phone had a message so I randomly felt a creepy urge to see what it was. I nearly shat myself. "Hello ms Singh, this is Mr Trunchan, Ellie's science teacher and I'd like to inform you that she has been talking back and displaying inappropriate behaviour. Please call back." Delete. I felt so bad keeping this from Lilly but I wasn't about to just let her see it.

>Lilly's P.O.V<

When I came up Ellie was acting very strange. "Are you okay? Ellie, answer me." She claimed to be fine but I knew she was lying. She started hyperventilating. "Ellie, calm down." Her eyes started tearing up and I could tell she was freaking out. "It's okay Ellie, just a panic attack. You will be fine."

I got her a glass of water and made her go to bed. Having to deal with things like that scared me. Sometimes adulting was hard. But such is life. I decided to do toilet talk with Lilly quickly before editing my vlog and heading to bed.

>Ellie's P.O.V<

I woke up the next morning and I felt like my memory from the day before had been cleared. I didn't think much of it and Lilly said I had to walk to school alone because she had to drop Humble at the airport. I grabbed my bag and 2 juice boxes like usual and ran out of the house so I wouldn't be late.

When I got there Hanna was at the front gate like usual. Hanna said, "Oh my god Mr Trunchan full on called my mum." "Same...but I was home alone for a bit so I deleted it before Lilly saw." "Lucky...I'm grounded until summer break."

Nothing much happened at school. At the end of the day Hanna couldn't find her mum so she waited at the cafe with Lilly and I while she called her mum. When she arrived Lilly and I went back to the apartment. "So how was your day Ellie?" "It was great! How about you?" "I got lots of work done so I'm happy!" "That's good!"

I helped Lilly cook dinner and we were dancing to loud music. We were listening to twenty one pilots. They are just amazing! Lilly and I both like the album 'vessel'. After dinner we watched youtube together like we did when I first got adopted by Lilly. When I was a socially awkward child.

>Lilly's P.O.V<

It was finally the weekend I wanted to do something fun with Ellie. I sat on my phone texting Tina asking what some good things to do are.

Me: Hey Tina what should I do with Ellie?

Tina: So your asking me for advice XD

Me: shut up hahahahahahahahahaahhaah

Tina: Maybe the beach?

Me: Ok thanks

So that's what I decided to do. 

---

A/N heyyyy im so close to 2K reads! Thanks so much <3

~ Nic xx