(S:OS#27.5) Episodes

RJ wanted to help his splitting head; if only he could, he would be the one tearing it up into a million pieces with his bare hands. Other than the pain his head is giving him, he is scared of the aftermath of his drunken self last night. It was his first time ever and he is not a child who's mindless that intoxicated people surely are the funniest or the most stupid people there is.

And with that thought, he wanted to pound his head on the headboard he was resting on until he bleed.

While he was trying to slowly get up and rub his eyes, an annoying ring from what seems to be a traditional alarm clock has destroyed his day. Not to mention that any sound is sensitive and annoying to people with hangover. He was too powerless to get up now and turn it off because it was on the other side of the planet (according to him), so he just lay down again and covered his ears.

The ringing was stopped by the woman who was bringing a cup of coffee upstairs for his patient. There was a few that spilled on the tray with the coffee cup and medicine on it because she was startled with the alarm clock halfway through the stairs (and she knows how an alarm clock, which is already the sound of hell for a sober person, digs a deeper grave for the likes of RJ). "Sorry. Nakalimutan ni Coleen na i-off kagabi."

He then loosen his grip of the pillow upon hearing her sweet voice over the clock. He sat down, and he was immediately assisted by his belle while holding his own head as if doing that would help ease the pounding pain.

She then stood up to get the tray again and placed it beside him. He drank the coffee and medicine before placing it back on the bedside table since all he wanted to do was nurse his head. With no words, she placed the tray on the floor, faced him, and massaged his head.

It was nothing but comforting for him; her hands were so soft and her strokes were synchronized and it was what he needs. He slowly opened his eyes and he met hers. "Thank you, Nicomaine."

She just smiled and continued what she was doing. He closed it again and tried to relax even more, but eventually, he did not know whether he should be thankful because of the bits he remembered.

Get ready for a rollercoaster ride, sweetheart.

Hubarin mo na!

Hmmmmnnnngggghhhh.

Fuck. Did he do something he should not do? 'Di pwede. Shit. He was there to prove himself worthy for Maine; hell, he drank strong drinks with her father and brothers though he really don't do that just for the sake of her father's initiation. But if the aftermath of that risk means losing her family's trust, he would probably just drink a lot of alcohol until he dies.

"Maine?"

She hummed.

"What happened last night?" He dug deeper into his memories but alcohol was making every single thing blurry.

"Don't ask. Nurse your alcohol-damned head muna, baka mas sumakit pa ulo mo kung aalamin mo mga ginawa mo."

He tried to convince himself that his woman has a point, but his eagerness to prove to himself that he was still clean for her family was bugging him repeatedly. "Isang tanong na lang." He was still remembering the words that he knew he heard last night. "Did we have s--"

He was interrupted by a loud voice of a woman who opened the bedroom door with a "GOOD MORNING!" He felt his head ached again.

"Coleen! No loud noise! Please!"