(S:OS#13) Our Song

(Author's note: Wrote this even before October 2015. Surprised it was so similar to what actually transpired!)

"At heto na ang pinakahihintay ng lahat!!!"

Her heart beat grew faster, and she felt like hyperventilating. This is the moment. It isn't the first time that she'll see him up front; in fact, she has seen him last September 5, 12, 19 and 26... Yes, hindi ko sya kabisado, promise. And even in her dreams! But this, she knows, is something different. She will be officially launched as Maine Mendoza--she'll start to talk, do interviews, host more, less Dubsmash... Have more intimate moments with Alden... Wait. That sounded wrong. Have contact moments with Alden, be with him most of the time for the shoot, talk to him, get to know him, throwing away all the fan sign stuffs and breaking the split screen hindrances. Yes, she'll get to miss all of these stuffs she has been used to doing for the past three months, but this new environment and routine will surely help her a lot to grow in this industry.

She knows, after Allan and Pia's opening spiel for their official meeting that will happen in a few moments, she'll step out of the right side of the stage while he came from the left, and they will both sing in the middle, and it will begin their committments together. They'll do commercials together, mall shows, tapings... Thinking about those things made her feel giddy. But now, she feels like shaking. It's a start of something new for them. Will he like how talkative she is? Will he curse the winds and just wished their relationship is just for the split screen? Will he like her now they can talk, or enjoy each other's company? Will he like her voice? Will he like me?

"Mga Dabarkads, heto na ang pinakahihintay ng sambayanan, ang tamang panahon ng AlDub! Heto na si... Alden Richards at Maine Mendoza!"

Shit. Heto na. Pwede pa ba magbackout? But it was too late. The LCD door opened in front of her, and she saw on the other side that his door opened, too. Shit. Ang gwapo. Ugggghhhh. She smiled at him, and as always, he smiled back with his deep attractive dimple. She held om to her chest as they both slowly walked to each other to the middle of the stage. The arena is filled with screaming fans, and she could hardly hear the minus one playing on the background. For some odd reasons, she heard it the instant he started singing the song.

For all the times I felt cheated
I complain, you know how I love to complain
For all the wrongs I repeated
Though I was to blame I still cursed that wind

She smiled. She finally heard him sing that song live. She was too busy writing a letter for him to watch it that moment. Now, standing beside him while he looks at her is definitely more magical than she thought.

He reached out his hand to her, which she gladly took. Her fingers filled the spaces between his, making him cringed. He felt the sparks. It was real. Her hand was so soft he couldn't help but squeeze it. He stepped closer to her and faced her.

Didn't have a prayer, didn't have a clue
Then out of the blue

He felt tears on his eyes again. Ano bang meron sa kantang 'to at kay Meng at naiiyak na naman ako? The song never failed to make him cry. The picture of her mom always appears on his mind. Then he imagines a few future moments, too. It was like his mother is telling him something. Wag mo na ko gaanong isipin, 'nak. I sent an angel for you. I sent Maine.

Seeing tears on his eyes, she loses his grip on her and instead, hugged his waist to try to comfort him. Her sweet gesture touch his heart, so unconsciously, he hugged her. So tight. "Sa wakas!" He said over the mic, forgetting he has a song to finish.

She giggled. She was indeed surprised, but she felt uplifted like him. She hit him on the arm and swayed their bodies side by side. They separated for a while and held each other's waist. Alden looked at her eye to eye while she avoided his killer gaze.

And all that I'm worth
Is right before my eyes
And all that I live for
Though I didn't know why
Now I do

He placed his forehead on hers and closed his eyes.

Cause God gave me you

They just looked at each other's eyes while waiting for the next verse, but he was caught offguard when she pulled out a microphone from her back and sang the next verse.

For all the times I wore my self pity
Like a favorite shirt
All wrapped up in that hurt

"Naiiyak na naman ako." He whispered. "Nang-aano ka Meng, ha."

She giggled. "Sorry na." she said, putting away her mic from her mouth for a moment. She wiped his tear using her thumb. She continued the song without looking away from his dazzling eyes.

They both finished the song with smiles on their faces, and squeals from the people, of course. He just sighed and look at her.

"Ayoko na."

"Bakit?"

"Pwede na ba manligaw?"