(S:OS#17) An Open Letter to The One

An Open Letter to The One

maine (mainemendoza.com):

Hi.

I know I am weird for doing this since we've been talking 24/7 personally or through calls, texts, SnapChat, indirect tweets and FaceTime, but as always, I find it hard to say a million things to you directly. So here I am, typing while on my bed after our 3-hour phone call, trying to compose my thoughts and the things I want to tell you ever since.

God gave me you.

I know, this is our theme song, and you've been telling this to me a million times, but now, I want to tell you this. God gave me you. Big time. I don't know what I did to deserve you, really. You are more than a blessing to me than I am to you and for the nth time, thank you. You may be annoyed at me for mumbling this to you again and again everytime we're together, but I don't care. I just want to remind you everyday. And you won't stop me. Bleeeh.

I admit, the first days being with you legitimately--starting from Tamang Panahon, October 24, 2015 (yes, I will always remember it)--was quite awkward for me. And I know, for us. We've been, like, flirting with each other through the split screen and we don't even know any fact about each other except for our names--real names perhaps. But you know what I felt that time when I saw you across the stage, walking towards me, holding a box of those expensive roses and you look dashing as ever? The feeling I couldn't describe. Even a single word. Magical is an understatement. On that moment, I swear to God, I thought of you as my soulmate. The soulmate I've been waiting for so long. The soulmate I'll be talking to about a lot of things. The soulmate who'll do crazy things with me. The soulmate that isn't the romantic type. But when you hugged me, and held my hand, it felt like you wouldn't want to let me go. And I wanted to hold on tight, too. And never let go. Like you.

After that day, my gut didn't fail me; we were really compatible. You were as corny, naughty, crazy, and workaholic as I am. It was really cool to know someone having the same interests as you do, but you still get to learn with each other day by day with your differences. I didn't expect I'll be comfortable with you that easily. You were not just the good looks; you are really who you show im the public. Hindi ka plastic. Hindi ka pakitang tao. You are so transparent. And deep. You usually tell me I'm the "deeper one" on this relationship, but for me, you are. You think deeply. You listen deeply. You stare deeply. You are the deep one here, dude. And I thank God for My Bebe Love not just because it was my first movie, but because I had the chance to get closer to you. I was glad na hindi ka nagsawa sa lintik na pagmumukhang 'to kasi ako, I got used to your presence. I got used to every gentleman way of yours. I got used to your anecdotes, jokes, puns, tickles, chuckles, giggles... I got used to you. Being here. With me. I thought the last day of the MBL shooting would be our last day to be together on a day-to-day basis, but I was stunned and glad on what happened next. You took me out on a dinner on a yatch. I could still remember that. It is still so vivid in my memory that I wanted to share it here on my blog.

It was around 11 in the evening; everyone was so tired and sad because it was our last shooting day for the movie. We all kissed each other goodbye and said we shall meet again on the premier night, which is three weeks after. You were the one I hugged last because I knew you were the most close friend I had on set, of course, and you know how much clingy I was when I'm with you. But on that moment, you were more clingy than me. You hugged me for a long time that everyone around us already left and went to their own tents. After that, I just saw fireworks on the skies above us. You separated yourself from me, looked me in the eyes, and smiled. Then you sang Katy Perry's Fireworks. Kidding. I still clearly remember what you said back then: "This is the last day of our shoot, but I want this to be the first day for the both of us. Maine, can I take you out on a date?" I gladly said yes. But I was not informed that date was on the same night. You were prepared. You knew I'd say yes. I still hate you for that. Just kidding.

Then you led me on a yatch on Manila Bay. It was beautiful, and the view was majestic. The stars in the sky perfectly lit up the evening horizon, but your eyes shined brighter. It was a perfect date, a perfect moment. We slow danced to Brighter Than Sunshine, my favorite song, through your earphones and iPod Touch, and I almost cried. That made me cringe. That moment was perfect and I can't help but hug you tight and thank you for all the efforts you've been showing to make me happy. You are the best person I know and I don't know why I deserved you. On that moment, everything came back to me: the first meeting on the Candy Fair last 2010, our first meeting after five years on Eat Bulaga, our first weeksary, first monthsary, first eye-to-eye contact, first akbay, first hug, first date as Yaya Dub and Alden, first TVC together, first magazine cover together, first billboard together, the Tamang Panahon... You helped me and you are one of the reasons why I am here where I am. You are a blessing to me, not just career-wise, but life-wise (if there's such term...) I never knew I'd be happy--this happy. I never knew I'd feel loved in this way. I never knew I'd be this close to God. I never knew I'll be much deserving for you.

God gave me you.

And that night, you brought me home and asked for my parents if you could court me. You are the epitome of chivalry.

Thank you for coming into my life. I am so sentimental right now because hell, I'm crying while typing this. I still can't believe you are here for me. I swear, I goddamn swear, I'll be the best for you. You were the reason why I wanted to be my best self. Thank you. Thank you so much.

And you know what? I've been waiting for the moment when I'll just look at the guy I love and see not the guy that I used to thought only as my soulmate, but as The One. The One I'll have piggyback rides with. The One I'll never get tired to hug, or kiss, or cuddle, or pinch his cheeks. The One I'll be with on my life adventures. The One I'll be travelling the world with. The One I'll wake up next to until I die. The One I'll build a family with. The One I'll hold hands with in sickness and in health. The One I'll be with. Forever. And I felt that when you asked me earlier to be yours. And I am fearless and proud to share this to the world.

I am yours, Richard Faulkerson Jr.

And for the spectators reading this, walang aagaw sa akin ng boyfriend ko. Nambabangas ako ng ahas.

Happy Day One to forever, Love.

Love,
your pachoochie number 1

P.S. That nickname is still cheesy, pero sige na nga. Mahal naman kita.