(S:OS#10) Wake Up Call

He had enough.

She expressed how she gets worried of his health the whole week. They made her cry while he was away. Most especially, oh, he hated to admit he got jealous of a kid close to his heart.

He had enough.

Yes, it was his fans teasing, but it really made him wonder why he did even went to Japan to miss all of those happenings. It was indeed a worthwhile trip-he enjoyed it, he rested much more than he thought and he needed that-but he needed to watch over her as well. A lot has happened there and it sucks for him to miss it. He knows he's being a crazy, overprotective, dad-like, hypothetical boyfriend, if there is such term, but there is really a part of him that wanted to supervise everything she has been doing. He really wanted to protect her. And be with her. He wanted to fly back to the country so he could watch her performance if only he could. He controlled the urge to tweet or text her and give her supportive words because he might look like a desperate creep. He imagined how much of a fanboy he would be if he'll be there.

Oh, how he hated it when he thinks of scenarios that he's there when he's really not.

But now, instead of blaming it to his Japan trip, he thanked that happened. He realized a lot of things. First, that he has a lot of competitors over her heart; there was no doubt, especially with how beautiful she is inside and out. He should consider himself lucky he's the fortunate one to be paired with her. Second, the whole trip made him realize how overprotective and possessive he was. He wanted to sing Jealous all over again whenever he sees BasDub pictures on his mentions. He wanted her to be his only. With label or not. Lastly, absence really makes the heart grow fonder.

"Wala, Yaya. Absent na naman si Tisoy." He was back to his senses when he heard Allan K. over his earpiece. He looked over the television set inside the vehicle and watched how her very genuine smile turn into a big frown. He hated when he sees her sad even just for acting. She's much more beautiful when he smiles and he wants to keep that beauty. She looked at the camera like a pleading child looking for her mom who's been missing for a long time. Her eyes looked like pleading to make him come back there for their third monthsary. He saw her pulled out her marker and paper on her bag and wrote something. Soon she flashed it on the screen.

Happy 3rd monthsary, Den! Pagaling ka ha?

She thought I was sick... He smiled. She's the cutest when she's concern for him.

"Ngiti mo, uy." His Kuya Jose poked his deep dimple and nudged him on the side. He just giggled. "Mahal mo na talaga, no?"

"Kuya..." He said with a denial tone. It was obvious; he isn't good at lying, one of the few disadvantages of being genuinely kind.

"Ganyang-ganyan din ang tono ni Meng pag sinasabihan ko sya ng ganyan. Hay nako kayo talaga. Manligaw ka na nga nang matapos na 'to! Sawa na rin ako sa mga make up make up na 'to!" He just laughed. But his heart suddenly thumped repeatedly it seemed he couldn't breathe. He doesn't know what to expect or what to do the next few moments. He just hugged tight the bouquet of fresh white tulips he has been holding like forever while waiting for his cue.

A few moments later, they heard the familiar honk that usually plays when someone will arrive. His heart grew excited; he was about to see her again. Upfront. Celebrating their monthsary. Yes, he claimed it theirs-Richard Faulkerson Jr and Nicomaine Dei Mendoza. And he knew he'll do more than these kinds of surprises when they really end up together.

He loves her. He finally admitted it to himself. And he have to throw his katorpehan away before it's too late.