(S:OS#10.2) Wake Up Call (pt 2)

Wala na naman sya...

She wanted to rant because masyado na syang nagpapamiss, but she had no control of everything. He has been absent since Tuesday last week because of the various commitmets he has to engage to, but now that he is back from Japan and is not present, probably he's sick.

She wanted to scold him like a mother to a stubborn child, but the only thing she could do is remind him to take care of himself. He has been working hard for the past few days and he might get sick if he doesn't take a rest even for a while.

She wrote on her paper with a frown of worry written on her face. Please naman kasi, alagaan mo ang sarili mo... She whispered. She flashed her message for him:

Happy 3rd monthsary, Den! Pagaling ka ha?

She was busy scribbling another message for him when the honk was played. She didn't mind it--she knows its her Kuya Jose who will do his Mambo No. 5 prod again. She just wanted to write to him; it was their only way of communication.

"Meng, Meng!!! Focus!!!" shouted one of the staffs. She composed herself, hide the clipboard and pretended she's having fun dancing with the Calle's Angels. After the song was played, she continued writing on the clipboard she's holding and flashed it on the camera.

Sabi ko naman kasi sa'yo, alagaan mo ang sarili mo. Wag mo akong pinapag-alala, ha? :(

"Awww, malungkot si Yaya." Allan K. commented. "Wala kasi si Alden."

Her Kuya Jose, in her Lola Tinidora outfit, came to her and pat her shoulder. "Alam ko, Yaya, malungkot ka. Dahil ang tagal-tagal mo nang hindi nakikita si Alden. Alam mo namang ginagawa nya ang lahat para sa future nyong dalawa..."

"HOY ANONG FUTURE?!" Screamed Lola Nidora, who whipped Tinidora's shoulder jokingly with a fan. The few happenings were not clear to her anymore. All she heard repeatedly in her mind is what her Kuya Jose said.

...para sa future nyong dalawa

No, she wouldn't want that. She wanted her future husband not to be away from her, not to be way too hardworking he'll forget to rest. I have to work on that side of Alden... Teka. I'm imagining my future with him? Nicomaine!!!!

"Ayun na nga..." She got back to her senses when her Kuya Jose held her shoulder once again. "Alam kong nalulungkit ka. At dahil dyan, heto ang pasalubong namin galing sa---ay mali pala." She giggled. It was her first time for the day. "May sorpresa ako sa'yo na kahit papaano, ang mag-iibsan ng lungkot mo."

She anticipated that as she was ordered to look at the TV screen. They played Alden's God Gave Me You performance when he sang it live a few Saturdays ago. The thing she haven't watched live, and that is on loop for her every night. Somehow, it gave a smile on her face. He did really have a good voice. In fact, watching it again here felt different. She didn't know why. Maybe the audio was clearer than from where she downloaded it. And as the chorus of the song approached, she felt a tingling feeling on her spine she couldn't explain. She just shook it off.

God gave me you, to show me what's real
There's more to life than just how I feel
And all that I'm worth
Is right before my eyes
And all that I live for
Though I didn't know why

12 little kids came to her altogether and gave her a stem of white tulips. She giggled. May monthsary pa rin. She gladly took each and realized each stem had a little card in it, having a cover of each glimpse of their weeksary celebrations. She looked at them with a smile on her face. Ang dami nang nangyari...