(S:OS#12) Lost Stars

"Paano kung nagkita na tayo kaagad nung kasal nyo pa lang ni Frankie?"

Ayan na naman sya sa out of the blue questions nya. She whispered as he interrupted her silent medidation, hearing only the crashing waves of the ocean on the seashore and looking at the starry evening sky above them. Both are lying down on a blanket, a bonfire and a picnic basket beside them, and his chest served as her pillow as he carressed her hair. He placed his arm around her shoulders, while she placed hers on his tummy. Abs, probably. "Bakit mo naman naisip 'yan?" She asked while looking up at him to clearly see his face.

He was looking up the sky with a smile. "Just wanted to know your thoughts."

She looked up again, sighed, and smiled at the thought of every good thing that has happened because that fateful moment happened. Fainting on that day was one of the few moments she recognizes as blessing in disguise. She never thought that unwanted moment changed the series of events in her life in a good way. If that never happened, maybe her star--their star--wouldn't luster this much.

"Eh di ang bilis natapos ng Kakyeserye. Hindi ganito katindi yung suportang makukuha natin. Wala tayong gaanong commercials like what we did. We didn't make TV history. We won't be able to help children through the AlDub libraries nung "Tamang Panahon" benefit show. Wala tayong makukuhang recognitions or awards from award-giving bodies. Hindi tayo sisikat ng sobra. Hindi ako magiging part ng My Bebe Love. Ang daming hindi mangyayari."

"At...?"

She looked at him again, eyeing him curiously. "At ano? Ang dami ko nang nasabi. May kulang pa?"

"Oo naman!" Then he pouted. Nagpapabebe na naman sya oh. She giggled. He's the cutest when he does the pacute face, which signals he's looking for more answers from her. She knows it; she has been with him for so long, she's familiar with his mannerisms and ways.

She tried to control her giggle, since he's being a cute little bratt seeking for more answers from her. She knows what he is trying to do. She decide to play with it. "Kung nagkita man tayo noon agad-agad, siguro hindi tayo singsuccessful ngayon."

"At..."

"Wala tayo kung nasaan tayo ngayon."

"At..."

She removed her arm on his tummy and lied down properly, looking up the sky. "Wala na. Yun lang naiisip ko eh."

He was disappointed. "Wala na pala eh," he said with his puppy face. He tried to remove his arm on her shoulders but she stopped him and laughed.

"Joke lang! Ito naman naglalambing!" She placed his arm back to her shoulders and hugged him again. "Harot mo talaga pag nagpapalambing ka 'no?"

He pulled her closer and kissed her nose. "Sinasakyan mo naman. Gusto mo naman pinipilit ka."

"Hmph!" She pinched his nose. She looked at his eyes, the part of his face that she loved the most. Lips ang second, of course. She smiled when he smiled at him. She loves how she sees her reflection in his eyes, making her realize all over again that she's the only apple of his eyes. That she's the only one he sees as much as he is to her. She breathe deeply, and smiled at him, ready to tell him what she really wanted to say. "If we already met that day, I wouldn't be this happy. Wala ka siguro ngayon sa tabi ko."

He smiled sincerely; he heard the words that could stop his world from spinning. Oh, how I love this girl. It is then he knew he loved her more than anything, and will not let her go no matter what happens. And if he couldn't let her go in his arms, he'd do that, just to let her know he's only hers and she's only his. "Everything fell into place... Thank you for being here with me, Maine. You are a blessing to me."

"Kanta na ba ako ng God Gave Me You?" She whispered.

"Kiss mo na lang ako," he said, pouting.

"Heh." She covered his lips. "Sa tamang panahon. Charing." She hugged him again, this time, burying her face to his fragrant chest.

"Happy anniversary, Love." He kissed the top of her head and hugged her tighter.

"Happy anniversary."