Chapter 29

Author POV

Ever since that day, when everything unpleasant happened within a day, Yuna and Jungkook had never talked to one another. Both were holding themselves back from talking to each other. Everyone was being miserable after that incident. Jungkook was putting on his cold expression every day in school. He did not want to talk to anyone, not even his hyungs. All he replied were short answers or just nodding or shaking of his head. He didn't bother to look at anyone when he walks. All he did was to focus in class and nothing else. No socializing, no laughing, no smiling.

As for Yuna, her whole life just revolves around her home, school and her workplace. Everything went back to how it was originally like. She too, didn't react to other people and just focused on her studies and work. Nothing else. She would occasionally peek at Jungkook if she has the chance, feeling heartbroken just by looking at his state. "He will be fine soon. Endure, Choi Yuna." she thought to herself.

Everyone was not in a good mood, except Minjung. She was so satisfied looking at their state now. "I knew Yuna wasn't meant for Jungkook. I knew it from start." She smirked, looking at the scene when Jungkook passed by Yuna coldly when Yuna was at her locker, packing her books. "Aigoo, look at this pathetic ex-couple." She mentally laughed.

Despite many people did not support their relationship from the start, many of them were still shocked that they broke up.

"They broke up after a few months? Omo, is it because of those incidents that happened?"

"I kinda feel pitiful for them now..."

"I thought they looked pretty cute together."

"Now that I feel kind of weird to not see them together in school..."

As usual, people would continue to comment about what they think whenever they see Yuna or Jungkook around in school.

Jungkook POV

My head was hurting these few days and tomorrow is the deadline for our assignment. I had not adjusted my life from that incident and I seemed a little lost these days. I would still walk past Yuna's apartment every morning, hoping that she would just open the door and walk out, holding my hand and walk to school together. But I know it wouldn't happen anymore. Those memories that we had for the past 7 months. Choi Yuna... that name which still rings in my mind every moment and second.

I would still walk past the café where she worked secretly in the evening, just to see her for a while more. Seeing how diligent she is when working, refreshing all my memories in that café. How we first met, how we first dated...

I walked into class from the back door and settled in my seat before preparing for lessons. I placed my textbook on the table before realising that there's a note on my table, folded. The slightest inside me hoped that it was from Yuna as I quickly unfolded the paper. My heart sank when I realised that it was from Minjung. "Meet me at the rooftop." I scanned around the classroom and she was nowhere to be seen. I tugged my pockets with my both hands before heading to the rooftop.

"What do you want?" I asked directly, not looking at her. "I am sorry for what had happened." She replied, looking down. "And then?" I turned my head to look at her, shrugging my shoulders. "I just hope that you won't be too upset about what had happened." She continued causing me to let out a cold laugh. "You are not in the position to tell me about that. I have experienced it before, hadn't I?" I stared at her, seeing the tears that were forming in her eyes.

"I am sorry Jungkook ah. If you give me another chance, I swear I would have treated you much better." She pleaded, which looked so desperate in my eyes. "Once it's gone, it's gone. I won't give you a second chance, Kang Minjung. If you have nothing else to say, I will get going." I tugged my hands back into my pockets and turned to leave when she continued with her statement. "You wouldn't give me a second chance, but you will give Yuna, wouldn't you?" She asked, crying. I halted for a moment in my tracks and fell into deep thoughts before answering her, "Yes."