Chapter 28

Author POV

The following day, Yuna went back to school along with her friends and they all were protective towards her the moment they stepped into the school compound. They were afraid that the students are going to bash Yuna again because of the incident that was pinned up on the bulletin board the previous day.

On the other hand, Yuna was already prepared that the whole school would know what happened that night because of the warning messages that she received yesterday. As expected, murmurs started to get louder and louder as they walked past the concourse. Yuna wasn't surprised, but more of being embarrassed and miserable. Jungkook was by her said all the time, hugging her from the side as they all made their way up to their respective classrooms as fast as possible.

"Don't worry, Yuna. Don't mind them." Yoongi comforted the younger lady while Namjoon just gently patted her head. Yuna shrugged and gave them a faint smile before walking into class.

Yuna POV

I splashed the water from the tap onto my face to freshen up myself in the midst of lessons. I looked into the mirror and stared at my own reflection. I wouldn't say that I am immune to those hurtful comments because my heart still aches when I hear them. I am now looking into the mirror, seeing how pitiful I look after all these things happened. Why is this happening to me? Where did all my happy moments in school go? Shouldn't high school life be something joyful and memorable? Why is it only that my life is in a mess? I closed my eyes and lowered my head, supporting myself against the basin with my hands. You need to stay strong Choi Yuna. You have your friends with you. You-

"Oh. Yuna?" a voice cut through my thoughts. I looked up into the mirror and saw the Minjung standing behind me. My muscles tensed up upon seeing her and every inch of me just want to get out of the ladies right now. "I am not that close to you. Am I?" I snapped coldly and quickly rinsed my hands before wanting to take a move first.

"Oh... Yuna has changed eh? You wouldn't dare to talk to me like that previously." Minjung smirked, putting her makeup bag beside the sink. I stopped in my tracks and turned to face her. "Thank you for your compliment." I challenged. "I heard about the rumour that was spreading in school yesterday. I bet you didn't know about it, do you? You weren't in school yesterday." She continued, applying her lip tint carefully on her lower lip, urging her upper body nearer to the mirror.

"Does it bother you whether I know about it or not? It's none of your business right." I replied, in an extremely emotionless tone. I am tired, tired of all these unpleasant happenings. You can say that I am evading myself from reality but I am just not that strong to face them all by myself. "It's definitely none of my business whether you get raped or not," she snarled, capping her lip gloss back and walked towards me slowly. "But it's my business when Jungkook is the one suffering too. I told you previously that you should do what's best for Jungkook and now, what have you done for him? Nothing but shame." Minjung punched her fist on the side of the sink as I hung my head low.

My eyes started to get teary as I bit my lower lip. I hate to admit this fact but Minjung's right. I did nothing for Jungkook from the very start of our relationship. I didn't bring him anything except for embarrassment. Why am I only thinking about how wronged I feel but I never thought about how Jungkook must have felt? He didn't do anything to deserve all these disgrace.

"Do you know how much grievances he had received yesterday? He is someone rich with social status but yet he is here to feel disgrace with you. How would you feel, Choi Yuna? He didn't tell you all these because he didn't want you to feel bad but everyone else around can see it for themselves. People are now saying that he is bringing shame to his parents for dating someone like you. Yuna, I honestly feel so sorry for what had happened to you but can you also think about Jungkook? The man that you love? Are you really going to do this to him?" Minjung said as she lifted up my head to look at me. "I believe in you, Yuna." She nodded and took her make up back before leaving the washroom, leaving me alone in that corner.