Chapter 21

Author POV

"Tell me what did Minjung tell you." Jungkook held onto Yuna's shoulders, staring at her intensively. "I said I want to go back to my apartment." Yuna wanted to avoid this topic so much. She would rather lie to herself that she has not seen anything. She doesn't want to let Jungkook go.

"Yuna." Jungkook called out sternly. "I said tell me." He demanded. She had never seen this side of him, neither did Jungkook himself. He had no idea why he was so worked up. Maybe because he was confused of how Minjung can talk to Yuna at the same time when she was actually with him at the rooftop. Either one of them must be lying.

"I am going back now." Yuna insisted, turning her back from Jungkook. Patience was running out in Jungkook as he grabbed Yuna's right hand to turn her around as he swiftly opened his apartment door to drag her in. "Let me go!" Yuna yelled, trying her best to remove Jungkook's hand but his grip was too strong.

"I don't want to repeat myself. Tell me what did Minjung tell you. NOW." Jungkook was half growling as he let go of Yuna in the living room.

"She didn't tell me anything!" Yuna, too, was out of her patience as her feelings started to well up within her. How could he be yelling at her when he was the one in the wrong?

"Then why didn't you come for lessons?! Why didn't you eat with the rest? Why did you tell Yerin noona that you had to help out with Minjung?! Why did you have to lie?!" Jungkook shot her with all the questions in one shot. Anger started to boil within Yuna upon hearing what he said.

"So now you think that I was lying about Minjung asking me to help her? Are you trusting her more than your girlfriend?!" Yuna finally blew up. This took Jungkook off guard, "It's not that I don't want to believe you, but she was with me during lunch break. She can't probably ask you to help her when she is with me! One of you must be lying." Jungkook ruffled his hair in frustration.

"And you think that the person is me? You think I am lying to Yerin unnie and the others about Minjung asking me to help her?!" Yuna's voice raised even higher from her angry tone as she couldn't believe that her own boyfriend doesn't trust her.

"It's not that I don't want to believe you, Yuna. But the truth is that she can't be with you if she had already asked me to meet her during lunch break... You have to give me a reasonable explanation, Yuna ah..." Jungkook tried to take a step towards Yuna but she backed away. She didn't want to hear him anymore. Not even a word from him.

"Why can't she lie too?! Why don't you ask her for an explanation?! She could lie to you 3 years ago; she can lie to you now too! Jeon Jungkook, what has gotten into your brain after the lunch break?! If you love her that much, trust her that much, why did you approach me in the first place?!" Yuna was almost on the verge of tears but she didn't want him to see them. She finished off her last word before turning towards the door.

Jungkook panicked at how Yuna had reacted and quickly pulled her hand to stop her from leaving. "Yuna... that was not what I meant..." he tried to explain.

She flinched at the sudden ant-liked pain when Jungkook grabbed onto her injured wrist. "Omo, are you okay? I am so sorry..." Jungkook let go of her wrist and turned her shoulder to let her face him instead. Yuna ignored his question and continued, "If the price for you to forgive her is to let you fall in love with her again, I wished I have never asked you to." Yuna rebutted emotionlessly. She knew it was selfish of her to say this but that was exactly how she felt at that moment.

Jungkook could clearly see the tears in her eyes and he could tell that she was trying her best to hold them back. It hurts him, so badly. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. Before he could react, Yuna heartlessly removed his hands from her shoulders and turned to leave the house.