Chapter 14

Author POV

A week had passed since Yuna stopped having any interactions with Jungkook and this is driving him crazy. He couldn't concentrate on everything that he is doing. His whole mind was filled with her every minute and she, sitting in front of him in class just made everything worse.

"You need to talk to her, Jungkook ah." Namjoon discussed with Jungkook since he is always the one advising the younger ones when they have problems, especially Jungkook. "But what am I supposed to tell her? She doesn't even want to talk to me without telling me the reason why!" Jungkook answered in frustration, standing up from the bench where he was sitting on.

"Gosh, our 'golden' Jeon Jungkook. Are you deaf or are you oblivious? Can't you see the reason why she is avoiding you?! Seriously!" Namjoon raised his voice, emphasizing on the word "golden". Jungkook can do almost everything perfect, except for dealing with girls. Jungkook instantly sat down back on his seat, closer to Namjoon, "Tell me why, hyung."

Namjoon shut his eyes to calm himself down before turning his body to face Jungkook. "You are definitely deaf and blind! Can't you feel that she is afraid of being with you?"

"But why?!" Jungkook spread his arms wide, asking desperately. "Oh gosh! Cause she is afraid that you are too good for her! Didn't you hear those comments from the girls in school when she walked pass them every day? All those ridiculous comments about her not being good enough for you? Jungkook, think. If you like a girl who is almost perfect in every aspect with lots of people being fond of her. And you are who you are but with less fortune, how would you feel?" Namjoon started his "lecture" at the younger one.

"Probably... feel inferior." Jungkook replied, after hesitating for a moment. "Exactly! And this is exactly what she is feeling right now. She is facing all those hurtful comments on her own. She is coping with her school work as well as her part time job at the café. She is falling in love with someone close to perfect like you. We all know she is someone really nice and pure, I bet you are clearer about her personality than me. How would you think she feel when there are so many things around her that is happening at the same time?" Namjoon got a little too "excited" while he explained to Jungkook, jumping up from his seat.

"But hyung, I am a human too! I breathe the same air as her, I study in the same class as her. I have to eat, sleep, shit and do everything a human needs to do! Doesn't this make us the same?! I don't really care about what others might say about our relationship if we really get together in the future as long as she believes me and loves me. Is that so hard to get? All I need is having her beside me all the time and I can give her everything I have!" the younger one finally exploded with all his true feelings.

Namjoon took a step closer towards Jungkook before giving him a pat on his shoulder. "Tell these words to Yuna, not me. Tell her what you really feel. Give her the assurance that she needs. I believe you know much better what she needs than I do. I believe you have grown up and know how to settle your own feelings, Jungkook ah. I know Yuna is a nice girl and I guarantee that you wouldn't experience what you had previously." Jungkook hung his head low, thinking about the past that had been bothering him for years. The main reason why he couldn't open up to any girls ever since that incident. But Yuna's different and he knew it. He could feel her warm heart. Jungkook ah, you can do it!

Yuna POV

"She is so lucky to be Jungkook oppa's neighbour! I am so envious."

"She must have done something to get him to stay so near to her!"

"I heard that they fought over some issues. Serve her right!"

Damn those comments again. She had been so troubled by all these comments ever since she got close to Jungkook. But things got worse when someone actually saw them walking back home together after her work with their own eyes. Photos about them had been spread so quickly around the school and the fact that she works at the café was also exposed rapidly. She hates it so much. She hates it when everyone checks everything out of her.