Chapter 12

Author POV

The group decided to meet up for a quick lunch on this Sunday before Yuna's work.

"Yah Choi Yuna, can't you just stop work for a day?!" Yerin frowned.

"I did. Yesterday." Yuna answered, munching on her pasta. "And what for?" SinB narrowed her eyes at her unnie, before getting a smack on her forehead. "Are you dumb?" Sojung rolled her eyes.

"But why? I don't know too!" Taehyung whined like a childish kid while sipping on his milkshake.

The girls gave a look at each other before staring at Yuna and the boys followed their gaze. The males were curious except for one, Jeon Jungkook. He comfortably chewed on his food. Yuna awkwardly smiled at their stares which were burning out of curiosity and turned to her unnies. "Help me." She mouthed.

"Hyung. Why do you all care so much about why? It's her own life right?" Jungkook broke the silence without looking at any of them.

"But all the girls know!" Jimin complaint, crossing his arms in front of his chest, leaning back on his seat.

"It's okay if you don't want to share, Yuna." Namjoon gave her a reassuring smile and a pat on her back since he was sitting beside her. "HYUNG!" the two younger ones protested as they charged their glares towards Namjoon. "Look at me like that one more time and I will make sure to dig your eyes out." Namjoon fought back making the two small ones whimper softly under their breathe.

"Back to topic. Yuna, other than yesterday, can't you just take one more day off?" Yerin tried to save the heated situation. Yuna chuckled softly, shaking her head.

"I wanna go to the Lotte Water Park!" SinB tugged Yuna's sleeves as she was seated on the other side of Yuna. "You have the unnies and oppas here. You guys can go ahead without me." She nodded, feeding the younger one with her food but SinB deliberately rejected her with a pout.

"Yah maknae, aren't you curious about what Yuna did yesterday? You are her neighbour!" Taehyung was still stuck on the previous topic, earning all the eye rolls from everyone. "KIM TAEHYUNG!" Seokjin gave him an air punch telling him to shut his mouth up. "Fine! I was just curious." He gave Jungkook a disgusted face, earning a cocky smile from him.

"Yuna, you should give yourself a break you know." Hoseok continued from the chaos. "Exactly! Yah Choi Yuna, you should come along with us!" Eunha added in with her usual aegyo. "It will be more fun with all the 13 of us!" Jimin tried to help along. Yuna grinned at her caring friends before finally giving in after all those persuading. "I will need to make a trip down to the café to take my leave then, since it's so last minute." Yuna explained as she stood up. "I will get going since I am done. See you guys later."

"I will go with you." Jungkook offered after he wiped his lips with the napkin. "I am done too." He left the restaurant together with Yuna.

Jungkook POV

We both walked down the same familiar streets to her café that we had been walking for the past few weeks together.

"Why didn't you want to tell them about your parents?" I carefully started a conversation.

"I think it's hard to tell so many of them in one shot." She replied, scratching the top of her head.

"Then do you mind telling me what happened to your parents and grandma?" I looked at her side view as the cooling wind blew past us just nice at the right timing.

I heard a small sigh from her before she continued, "I have been trying to avoid this topic and avoided myself from thinking about it for so long. I couldn't believe what had happened to them."