Mr Richards vs Me

Start from the beginning

"Oh my precious Miss Jones, long time no see," he greeted me with a smile.

"Too long in fact," I added.

"We must catch up sometime," I told him.

"Certainly," he agreed, "in fact, why not tonight. Who did you come with?"

"Sebastian," I answered.

"Oh that sweet soul. The last time I've heard from him he was training. We must certainly catch up. Tell you what, I'll get us a table for four so all of us can get together."

"I'll certainly like that."

Now all of us sat gracefully around the table. My employer didn't input in our conversation at all. He sat there across from me with a very prominent gaze. It was all evident in his eyes that if you weren't working for him, you could'nt tell that he was waiting for the second to leave this place. Sebastian had a scowl eminent to all those blessed with sight but Mr Richards and I played oblivious as we chatted away catching up. I bet right now he was thinking,

Only take a moment, huh?

"So how's my son treating you so far?"

"Oh he's been a darling," I smiled at my ex employer.

More like a complete assh-

"Miss Jones must I remind you that you must refrain from using that language in my presence."

Oh come on.

The person scowling throughout the dinner turned to us with interest and I could've sworn a spark of interest glinted in my employer's eyes.

"Of course not Sir," I said to him.

Old ha-

"Don't you dare Miss Jones," he warned.

"But."

"How."

Yep that came from only one curious person. Seb was so oblivious. So was my sworn enemy but he wasn't going to acknowledge that.

Freaking idi-

"Miss Jones," his warning this time was acidic.

I smiled innocently at him.

"Of course sir," I spoke, "I'll try my best."

"Are you guys communicating in the mind?" Sebastian asked. Sebastian didn't know about the moments me and Mr Richards had. I didn't think it necessary to tell him but I guess I was wrong. He's going to want to know.

"Oh it's just our way of communicating," I told them.

"Yes, me and Miss Jones go way back." Old Mr Richards said.

Zavier Richards narrowed his eyes a bit. Like suspicion was evident in his eyes.

Mr Richards smacked his son in his head. "Not that you idi-"

"Oh Mr Richards," I teased when he nearly said that. "I thought you said you didn't say those words."

He gave me a glare that could kill. The waiter came by with our orders before he could reply.

That son of a bit-

"Miss Jones," he warned, " language."

"Certainly sir."

He always catches me. I so hate him for that.

After dinner when all of us were walking out a voice stopped me. I froze in my place.