Chapter 31- the disco

Start from the beginning

"So..." I say, trying to make conversation as we awkwardly trudge down the road, not even looking at one another. Great way to start a date, huh?

"So what?" He asks me, stopping for a second. His green eyes reflect in the moonlight. This is making things even more awkward so I carry on walking.

"Nothing, just trying to make conversation, that's all" I tell him and Finn looks forward again. I can't see his face properly from this angle because his hair is flicked across his face.

"Oh" he replies with a simple answer and I don't respond.

Eventually, after the most awkward two minutes of walking up to the school in my life, we make it to the doors. I pull out my ticket and Finn does the same, but this time he's got two tickets.

"Why have you got two?" I ask him, a bit confused. Finn rolls his eyes as he sees my crumpled ticket and shoves his second one right into the bin. "Why did you do that?"

"I thought that just in case you weren't able to get a ticket, I got one for you instead" he tells me. "And now I don't need it, so I shoved it into the bin" he says, just as I see a boy fish it out from the corner of my eye.

"But anyone could get it! You paid for that!" I gesture to the blonde haired boy behind us with braces who's smile brightens when he sees me looking at him. He seems lonely and, funnily enough, I find myself feeling sorry for him, which is a feeling I do not experience often. Finn shrugs and I roll my eyes, boys really don't care do they?

"Give us your tickets, guys" a rough voice says in front of me and I look up. Above me is an old man standing at the door, collecting the tickets. He smiles as me as I hand him mine and me and Finn exchange glances. He shoves it in the bucket and Finn takes me by the hand, leading me into the crowd.

"Hey!" I hear a shout behind me and I turn around. Was that shout meant for me? The question is answered when I turn around, seeing Kay stood there in a suit. I laugh out loud and Kay frowns.

"Don't you like my tux?" He asks me, gesturing to his blazer and I roll my eyes. Finn gives Kay a 'man hug' and stands back, looking at us both.

"You've both met, haven't you?" He asks us and we both take a glance at each other and nod. Of course we've met! In fact, it was just the other day! Kay offers me a hug and I take it, seeing Finn's face in the corner of my eye as he looks disgusted. I laugh inside.

"So, you came alone?" Finn asks Kay and he nods.

"I was wondering if maybe I could hang around with you tonight?" Kay asks and I see a look of horror on Finn's face. I try to mouth to him the words 'no' but Finn ignores me, shouting above the crowd.

"Yes erm-" Finn tells Kay and he smiles at both of us and I smile back. Finn smiles too, only fading when Kay turns around.

"Thankyou...." His words drift off as he becomes glued to a certain place that I can't see because people are standing in front of me. I try to look where Kay is looking but I fail, tripping over a boy's shoe in these high heels.

"Sorry!" I panic, standing back up. The boy smiles at me and helps me up, much to the dismay of my 'date' who is raising his eyebrows at me. I thank the guy and walk over to where they are standing. My cheeks are bright red, I can tell. Now I'm standing by Finn, I can't see why he is raising his eyebrows still. Standing in the corner, by the couches is a small girl, wearing a cute, white dress. Now I can see why Kay is so memorised. She seems lonely and lost, not being noticed by half of the people here.

"I'm going over there! To rescue that girl!" He tells us but Finn grabs him.

"Nope! No way! You need a makeover first!" He leads Kay over to the bathroom. "In the men's! Now!" He orders, but then he sees me.