22

Your POV

"If you think you're about to have a panic attack, look at Camila, okay?" Calum sternly said as Austin was in the middle of singing the national anthem.

Due to my nervous state, I just nodded my head at Calum and gulped down the anxious feeling.

Friday finally came and the boys and I are about to perform. Mr. K was super happy to hear that we would be performing for the homecoming game, he even gave us hugs, he must really like our song.

As Austin sang the last line I felt my stomach churn, everybody will hear my lyrics, including my family and Camila's family.

"Thank you Austin for singing us the national anthem," Mr. K awkwardly said into the mic making a grin break out on my face.

Austin flashed our teacher a cocky smirk as he made his way down the stairs.

The boys and I rolled our eyes at him.

"The next act, who I am proud to present, is Michael! Calum! And Y/N! Please give them a warm welcome!" He cheered and I heard the five girls losing their shit as the rest of the school just clapped.

The boys and I made our way up the stairs and all I was focused was not tripping in front of our school and the other school. Calum went over to the sampling pads, while Michael and I went to strap on our instruments.

"These three kids have created something that's not punk rock and blew my mind with the song they created, which is way out of their element," our teacher spoke into the mic.

As I felt like I was about to puke, I looked down at the front row to see Camila giving me a warm smile as she threw up her thumbs up at me, I smiled back at her and focused on my breathing.

Mr. K finished with our introduction and made space for me to stand in front of the mic. I looked back at Michael and Calum begging one of them to speak for me.

Michael shook his head chuckling then spoke into the mic, "uh, all we gotta say is that, this song is for someone special and we hope you enjoy. Oh and the song is called I'm Yours, written by Y/N."

I grinned at Michael and nodded at Calum for him to count us in.

I sucked in a deep breath before singing the first line.

"Some nerve you have
To break up my lonely
And tell me you want me
How dare you march into my heart?
Oh, how rude of you
To ruin my miserable
And tell me I'm beautiful
'Cause I wasn't looking for love, no
Nobody asked you to get me attached to you
In fact you tricked me
And I wasn't trying to fall in love but, girl you pushed me
So all that I'm asking
Is that you handle me with caution
'Cause I don't give myself often
But I guess I'll try today,"

I looked around to see my school actually enjoying my song, they're all clapping along and some are even whistling. I looked down at Camila to see her giving me a soft smile, but she looked away a second later and it seems like she was deep in thought.

"'Cause I've had my heart
Broken before
And I promised I would never let me hurt anymore
But I tore down my walls
And opened my doors
And made room for one
So baby I'm yours,"

Everyone obviously knew who I was singing about.

"Oh baby I'm yours
Oh baby I'm yours
Oh baby I'm yours
Oh baby I'm yours
But I tore down my walls
And opened my doors
And made room for one
So baby I'm yours,"