And one name instantly made my eyes roll back into my head.

Calvin.

Holy crap.

A bulky looking man came into view with a glass of water.
"Who are you?" I snapped. Though knowing very well, it would cost me so much if he decided to punch me. He had large hands.

But instead of giving me an answer, he turned and left.
I remained silent, not knowing what to do.

After a minute or so, someone else walked in.
"You need to lie back down." A familiar voice spoke. A girl.

Meryl?
Now that I realised, I was sitting up. But I still felt the dull throb on the back of my head.

I gasped as she came into view.
"M-Meryl we have to get out of here." I spoke.

But she didn't speak.
What's wrong with these people?
"Meryl we have to get out. Cameron's worried sick."

Saying his name brought everything bubbling to the surface. Love for him, the pain of hiding the truth and anger. Anger and loathe for my step-brother.

She shook her head at me slightly.
I eyed her with confusion before I heard the sound of footsteps and someone walked in followed by the first man who had given me water.

Who else was it?
"Leave." His voice sent chills to my marrow.

"Calvin" it came out as a bare whisper.

My heart sank slowly beating in anticipation. How I wished it was all a nightmare and I would soon wake up. But I didn't.

I saw as the first man left without a word but Meryl stood her place. And I was glad for that.

"Good to see you sister." He stepped into light as the brightness basked his otherwise vile and dark features.

Despite my fear, I gritted my teeth.
"You found me then." My voice laced with sarcasm.
"Aren't you delighted to see me?" My eyes drifted to Meryl who glared at the bastard.
"I have been waiting to have you by my side once again." He spoke with that smile that made me sick.

"I wonder why?"

I tried hard to not cringe when he walked several paces closer until he stood directly above me.
"Your sass wouldn't get you out my sweet."

I turned to look at Meryl.
"Meryl you have to leave. Please."

She didn't move.
"Meryl you don't know what he is." I tried once again.

I watched appalled as Calvin walked to stand next to her and put an arm around her waist pulling her closer.
"Meryl......" I whispered.

I desperately wanted her to listen to me. I wanted her to know what kind of a vile creature he was. I wanted to save my friend.

My friend.
I watched helplessly as he took her away.
What was going on? Did Meryl not see what he was capable of?

"YOU UGLY PIG! SON OF A BITCH GET BACK HERE. LEAVE HER ALONE!" I screamed but he was gone.

Cameron. How I missed him badly. How I wished to be in his arms. How badly I wanted to hear his voice.
Before I could stop myself, I broke down into tears.

My heart constricted in my chest. My breaths seemed laboured. I couldn't just end up here like this? I couldn't let him do that to me again.

I sat there crying, taking it all out until I was out of tears. Out of all emotions I felt and back to my cold self again.
"I'm going to get out." I vowed to myself.

"And when I do......I'm going to kill you Calvin. I promise."

********

It was five past midnight when I attempted to walk out of the room I had woken up in.
The door was unlocked and there was no one to guard me but I knew Calvin would keep a watch on me nonetheless, one way or another.

The apartment looked old and rusted, almost like a dungeon. And cold. Colder than most apartments. I peeked through the living room window and found two guards standing to make sure I didn't escape.

Walking around slowly, I came across a room next to where I was held captive. Not sure on what to do, I pried open the door slowly.

No sign of Meryl, Calvin or that other guy who's name Meryl had called, James.

But I could tell they would be around somewhere because they knew I would leave no chance to escape.
And they were right.

Cold bitter wind hit my legs through my thin sundress from yesterday morning. It wasn't a bedroom. But just something that looked more or less like a library to me.

The dusty old bookshelves stacked against walls that almost looked black in the dim light from gas lamps here and there.

A strange stench hit my nostrils. It smelled sickly. And thick. And slightly stale. Yet strong.

Following it around shelves I realised the room was larger than it seemed to be.

As I got nearer to the unknown source of the stench, it was mixed with something oddly familiar. Familiar yet faded as if it had been here a while ago.

I rounded a corner but stopped dead in my tracks, seeing the outline of someone sitting in an armchair at the only table in that part of the room. And the stench was so thick and strong that it made my stomach churn in disgust. Putting a hand to cover my nose and mouth, I stepped forward and around to see who it was.

"Exc-use-" I broke off completely at the sight that sat in front of me. My heart seemed to have stopped for a two whole minutes.

The sight of my step-mother's mangled body lay before my eyes. Her once strict face expression now mirrored one of shock and fear. Her eyes wide open and lifeless. Glossy and unmoving.

The foul stench of her blood made the atmosphere stagnant mixed with the scent of her sickly sweet perfume she used everyday ever since I was little.

A knife had been ripped into her small frame and almost the entire armchair was stained with dried up blood.

The sick bastard killed his own mother?

Before I was aware, I turned away from the gruesome sight and ran with an involuntary scream escaping my lips. An unknown memory flashed through my mind.

Of someone screaming just like I was and then my surroundings began to spin before I tumbled into a fit of darkness with my own voice ringing in my ears.

*********

Hi everyone! So I need a feedback on what you think. Please make sure to vote and share my work with others.

I need a favour you guys! This book is soon coming to an end soon and I will be continuing to write one of my other books. Which one first?

1. His Obsession?
Or
2. A Billionaire Fairytale?

Please leave a comment and tell me.

Love you all.
Ashley♡

********