Chapter 12: 123 - Part l

Start from the beginning

She interrupts, "alright, alright. I'm sure there will be plenty of snacks there, so you can skip dinner. Hurry up and get ready, okay?"

I nod panicky, and zoom back into my room. I glance at my watch; 6:35. I grab my curling iron, make up set, and dress.

Let's do this.

* * *

I smear the salmon pink lip gloss onto my upper lip, and curl my coal black eyelashes. I try to keep it as simple as possible because I don't want to turn into a human Barbie doll, aka Ella. I glimpse at the rosy pink dress that shouts, 'Wear me, wear me!'.

The exquisite gown wraps around my slim body, even more tight at my waist. The pinkness of it matches with my red heels. It also has beautiful ruffles flowing up to my knees, along with a sheet-white color on my breasts and the rest pink. Finally, I put on my sequined, pink mask on. It was so perfect - and I have to repay Meg for that.

My hair is in a wavy waterfall braid, making my brunette locks quite noticeable. "Mom, how do I look?" I smile, my pearly white teeth shining.

She grins, walking forward to me. "You look beautiful," she compliments, kissing my forehead.

"Mo-om! It's just a dance."

That was a lie. This wasn't just a dance, this was my time to show everyone who I can be. Especially, Asher.

Wait, no! No, no, no. I have to focus on my studies, not boys! God, why does he have to be so darn hot?

"I know, hon. I know," she states, her smile plastered on her face. Typical white moms. "Who knows? You could even get your first kiss at that dance."

My eyes widen in shock. "The heck are you talking about?! Geez, it's just a dance!"

"Alright, alright! Just stay safe, and you better not come home in tears... Or alcohol!"

I roll my eyes, "it's a school dance, not a bar."

I laugh as I walk out the front door. "Bye, Mom! Love ya!" I wipe the fake smile off of my face. What if I do get my first kiss at the dance? The thought never occurred to me. What if I'm not good enough for him? What if the kiss isn't good enough for me? It has to be...

Perfect.

* * *

I arrive at the dance, everyone looking at me as if I was a modern version of Cinderella. Am I that pretty? I erase the thought from my head. I probably have spinach in my teeth or a chocolate milk mustache.

I smile nervously at everyone as I search for Asher. Where the heck is he? I examine the crowd of crazy strangers that laid before me. They all wore masks.

Thank God the music's loud enough so nobody can hear my colorful words.

* * *

About half an hour later, I still haven't found Asher. For all I know, he could be hard-core making out with some uptight blonde!

"Alright, people of Riverdell High! Let's change it up a bit, eh?" the DJ spoke. "Boys, take the hands of the person on your left while girls do otherwise and start boogying!"

I laugh at his ignorant way of trying to 'act cool'. Unexpectedly, I feel an arm grab mine, a guy pulling me to dance with him. He wears a tuxedo and a white mask, his body like Justin Bieber. Or better, maybe.

What am I saying? I can't be hitting on a guy I just met!

"Guess you're my partner," he grins. His voice sounds familiar, like I know him somehow.

"I gotta warn you," I smirk, "I've got some killer dance moves."

"We'll see about that," he smiles, immediately putting me into dance mood.

I gently shake my shoulders back and forth, moving my feet in a pattern. My heels clatter against the floor, bringing people's attention to me. For the first time, I actually danced. In public.

I admit, this definitely isn't my first dance I've been to, but I never had the guts to actually dance. Especially in front of a guy as hot as Brad Pitt.

Heh, just kidding. As much as this guy was cute, nobody could beat Pitt.

He remarks, "wow. You are good."

"Told you," I wink.

It takes us nearly fifteen minutes to stop dancing. We were so lost in the music, we totally lost track of time. What woke us up was the beautiful harmony of a slow song.

I stutter, "I-I... I should go. I need to find my date."

I admit, I'm totally head over heels over this guys dancing, but I'm not majorly in love with him. I want my first slow dance to be with a guy I truly like. Not just their dancing. To be honest, I don't care if he's the worst dancer in the world. I just want this dance to be... Special.

"Too late," he smirks. The warmth of his hand gives me shivers. No, Jules. You can't hit on this guy! You like Asher!

God, did I just say that? Well, 'think' that?

I find my arms wrapped around his neck, his warm hands on my waist. It was all just so simple -- but in a good way. I actually don't know what we are doing. We're simply spinning around and holding each other. But it feels... Amazing.

In the darkness of the room, I see his blue eyes sparkle. A flashback runs through my mind. Those crystal blue eyes, that's it!

Asher.

A smile curves up from the corner of my lip. That's why he was so forward with me, he knew it was me all along. I close my eyes as he leans in closer to me. Just like when we were fighting, and I was in his house. I know this is it. My first kiss. I create a mental countdown in my head.

One.

Two.

Three.

Heheh. My cliffhangers dœ (;