Things After Us #17

Kouha's pov.

I was sitting on the balcony with Nori and looked at her. She was sleeping peacefully. I moved carefully and lifted her up. I carried her to a bed and laid her on it. She open her eyes and took a hold of my shirt.

"Are you going to sleep in another room?" She asked and I smiled.

"Yeah, but I'll see you in the morning." I said and she looked away.

"O-Okay." She said and went back to sleep. I walked to the room where my bed was and saw JinJin and ReiRei sleeping. 'Where's JunJun?' I started to look for her and saw her standing on the shore. I walk to her and she turned to look at me.

"So you love her?" She asked and I sat on the shore.

"Yeah." I said and she looked away.

"She is not worthy of your love." JunJun said and I stood up.

"What if she's only after money? A royal status?" She asked, sounding a bit angry.

"What if she loves that man back at the village and deceives us?" She said and I had enough.

"She is more than worthy! She is loyal, kind and would never do something like that! She saved us remember!!" I said and she looked at me. I slapped her hard and she blushed.

"Kouha-sama!" She said and cried out of joy as usual. She got her knees and hugged me.

"Listed JunJun. Where did this all come from?" I asked and she looked at me.

"I was afraid you would forget us and only hit Nori-sama! I only with you to be happy!" She whined and I hit her again.

"Silly, I would never. I am happy now so don't worry." I said and she cried.

"Kouha-sama." She sobbed and soon we walked back to the base and went to sleep. I laid on my bed and looked at the ceiling. I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

[In the middle of the night]

"STAY AWAY!!! NO!!! STOP!!! GO AWAY!!! AAAAAAH!!! KOUHA!!! SOMEBODY HELP ME!!! PLEASE!!!!!" I woke up to the sound of Nori screaming. I got my sword and ran towards her room.

"NORI!!!!?" I shouted and open the door. She laid on the floor shaking. She was close to the window and the window was open. 'What the hell!!? That window was not open when I left!!!' I ran to her and saw the fear in her eyes. She was terrified of something.

"Nori? Nori!? Nori anwser me damn it!!" I said and she looked at me. She got up and threw herself on me. I fell to my knees with her in my arm crying. I looked at her legs and saw that her ankles had weird looking burns on them. Like a hot rope was warpper around them and then pulled away.

"I don't know what it was. I just woke up to a nightmare and saw this weird creature with a dripping human body. That thing had eyes of a human, but teeth like an animal. No skin, only a black tar like substance holding the bones and the muscles. It was rotting, but something kept if from falling apart. I heard several voices of different people. That thing wanted to kill me. The monster after me took a hold of my legs and a burning pain hit them. It tried to take me somewhere and when you came in. It was just gone." Nori said with a trembeling voice. I couldn't stand to see her like this. I placed my hand on the back of her head and pulled her close. I pet her head and wait untill she was breathing normally. I looked at her and pushed her away so that I could see her eyes. They were still full of fear and panic.

"Nori?" I asked.

"Yes?" She said with a trembling voice.

"Are you okay?" I asked and she touched her ankles.