PonyBoy & Sodapop

❁

                             ❁

I was walking over to PonyBoys house to start a project for school we have to do together. He said he and Soda have to watch Mary, Darry's baby girl, while he's on vacation with his newlyweded wife.

Their daughter is adorable, She's 7 months old. I usually see her a lot when my brother Dallas and I go over to hang out with the gang.

Mary and her mother both live with Darry, PonyBoy, and Sodapop, but the boys usually don't have to worry about taking care of her. Can't wait to see how this goes....

                               ❁

I grabbed the strap of my book bag over my shoulder as I stepped into the house and shut the screen door behind me.
"Hey anyone home?!" I shouted.
"Yeah in here!" I heard Sodapop yell back, the sound coming from the kitchen.

I put my book bag on the couch and went to see what was going on. As I walked into the kitchen I saw Mary sitting in her high chair and about 10 baby food jars of all different colors opened up. All scattered on the table.
Sodapop had baby food smeared all over his face and had a spoon and jar in his hand. While PonyBoy was wiping baby food off from Mary's mouth and face.

" I don't know what kind is her favorite so I figured we could just give her a little bit of all of them. So far she hasn't ate very much." Soda said with the most serious face. I couldn't help but giggle.

" Awe Soda! Did you try making her a bottle?"
PonyBoy snickered and laughed at Soda.

" I told you we should've just got her a bottle man, but you just had to make a mess."

" Hey I thought she might want something else besides this milk crap all the time. I want Mary  to think of her uncle Soda as the fun one." Sodapop argued back as he took Mary out of her high chair.
I saw she was wearing a white onesie, which was now dirty.

" I'll make her a bottle why don't you run her a bath awhile. " I said to Soda.
I looked at Mary who was sucking on her fists in his arms. Making giggly baby sounds and grunting happily. She makes my heart melt ugh...

" okay " Soda agreed back. He walked out of the kitchen and as he walked away I heard him talking to Mary.

PonyBoy was still in the kitchen. He was putting all the lids on the jars, while I went over to the counter and got the formula, Stirring the amount with water into a pink bottle.

I went over to the sink to put the dirty measuring tools into it. While PonyBoy was standing there rinsing off a few dishes.

" Hey how did you get so good at taking care of baby's and stuff?" We were now both standing at he sink.

" I don't know, just instinct I guess, why?" I said back.

" Oh, just wondering. I want to take care of her you know, I want to impress Darry." He said.

" PonyBoy stop your doing a great job. Don't worry about it, Darry would be proud of you. Being this responsible and all." I said back patting him on the shoulder and facing him.

He looked over at me for what felt like forever. I heard the bath water start and said

" I'll finish the dishes and clean up. Just go ahead and help Soda, I mean unless you don't want to..." he cut me off my saying

" no no I'll help him, thank you your the best!" He smiled and he kissed me on the cheek as he walked out of the kitchen.  Making me blush.

                              ❁

I cleaned up the whole kitchen, it took about 15 minutes. I think I cleaned so much I looked cleaner than what it looked like before.

I walked out of the kitchen and made my way to the bathroom, as I came close I peeked sound the corner. I heard splashing and giggling. I slowly looked in the doorway and saw Soda with no shirt and some shorts on, he was sitting on the floor tending to Mary in the tub, holding her up with one hand and playing with her with the other.

PonyBoy was sitting on the edge of he tub laughing at what ever Soda was saying. They all looks like they were having a fun time.

I was about to walk away when Soda said glancing behind him, " Hey, y/n can you dress Mary?"

I stepped in the doorway and grabbed a towel off the counter and replied yeah as he stood up and made room for me to get through and grab her.

I wrapped her in my arms with a towel and carried her into Darry's room where I knew her stuff would be at. I changed her into a new diaper and put her into a clean onesie. I carried her back out and grabbed her bottle out of the kitchen.

I then went out into the living room and sat down with her in the couch. No body was out there except for me and her. So with her in one arm I grabbed my book bag with the other and started unpacking it. Laying all the books down on the coffee table.

Then Soda came out ,
" Your so good with her, hey if you and Pony have to work on your project I can take her." He said sitting down right next to me.

" Oh it's fine. I don't mind taking care if her, it's actually fun. But here can you hold her for a sec." he then gently took her out of my arms.

I handed him the bottle that I had sat down on the coffee table. He was feeding her and whispering to her. Ugh it was so cute and swinging her around, as she smiled with her mouth full of milk. I swear she has Sodas bright blue eyes. While she also has Darry's lighter blonde hair.

                              ❁

After a while PonyBoy came out from his room and we worked on the project while Soda moved from the couch to the floor, with a baby blanket spread out, he was playing with Mary.
" Hey PonyBoy, y/n! I think she's gonna finally crawl!" Soda said cheerfully.

We sat in awe all night as we watched over Darry's baby girl. 

                                 ❁