23-Answers

Naalimpungatan ako. Gusto ko sanang dumilat at bumangon pero narinig ko siya. His voice was filled with despair and longing. Well, serves him right for everything he did!

"Denisse, Karen said that you're just healing your wounds and that I should wait. I will wait for you. I hope when you wake up, you'll read this letter. It's been here for the past days still unopened. Even if you don't want to listen to me, I will still try."

He kissed my forehead and slowly went out of the room. Nang marinig kong nagsara na ang pintuan, pinilit kong dumilat at bumangon. Buti na lamang at may pagkain at inumin sa lamesa sa kwarto ko para maibsan ang kakaibang gutom at pagkatuyo ng aking lalamunan.

Kailangang mapanumbalik ko na ang energy ko. Sana man lang ay naglagay sila ng Milo para sa aking energy gap. Haay Denisse. Sige lang aliwin mo ang sarili mo.

Matapos akong kumain. Naligo ako at nagbihis. Kung hindi siguro aircon ang kwarto ko ay siguradong nanggigitata na ako sa dungis. Apat na araw na rin akong nagmumukmok. Nakakapanghina talaga magdrama. Buti at nakabangon pa ako.

Nang fresh na ang aking pakiramdam, pinagtuunan ko na ng pansin ang liham ni Warren.

My Denisse,

Wow ah, pati sa sulat possessive.

I do not deserve your forgiveness for everything I have done. My selfishness hurt the woman I love.

Note to self: Sige Denisse, pwede ka naman na ulit kiligin, pero slight na lang kasi hindi mo pa siya bati 'diba. Sige pa, basa.

I was a monster before I met you, perhaps until now. A selfish bastard who cannot accept the truth about himself. My selfishness caused so many tragedies not only to me and my family but also to others that should not have been part of my story.

I really wanted for you to notice me and accept me for who I am. But this monster is in love with an angel.

Knowing this, my insecurities made me do the unthinkable and chose to trick you into entering a lifetime bond with me. I am not justifying my actions but my only thought at that moment was, How can I ever hold on to something that I am never deserving to have in the first place?

I would have explained this to you personally, but given the circumstances, this letter will do for now.

We were victims of life's cruelty. Separating us from our families. I was raised by your parents while their real child was taken away from them. All because of other people's greed for money and power. But fate knows how to play its part. On my 23rd birthday, also four years ago and few months before we've met, my real father Prince Domic Riviera, Prince and ruler of Liechtenstein set a meeting with your father, Henri Ellison the Grand Duke of Luxembourg.

Hindi ko alam ang lugar na Liechtenstein pero pinag-aralan ko dati ang history ng Luxembourg dahil parte ito ng Research Paper ko dati sa World History. Minemorya ko pa noon ang nairesearch ko kay Google at Wikipedia dahil na-fascinate ako sa idea na may ganitong lugar pala sa mundo. Coincidence lang kaya ito o nagpaparamdam na noon pa man sa aking ang tadhana? At may royal blood kaming dalawa? Weh? Di nga?

Our parents have one common enemy that tried to ruin the genealogical line of monarchy for our countries. The name of that person does not matter since he was long gone. That enemy had one trusted confidante and accomplice who conceded the truth to my real father when she learned that she was dying from Cancer. She thought that she was being punished for her sins and wanted to make ammends.

Our families were unaware about what transpired as astounded by how long they have been fooled.

You had an older brother. We were born during a Monarchial Meeting in Europe where all the leaders of the countries meet. It should have been a historical event, two heirs being born at the same time and place.