20-Truth

Warren's POV

I was on my way to the airport when I checked the CCTV footage of the house. The tablet I carry is linked to my house and office's CCTV. This is also the tool I use to track Denisse's whereabouts with the help of the chip planted on her cellphone.

I saw a man wearing a cap and sweatshirt give something to Maring, one of the helpers. I switched cameras and searched for Denisse. She was reading my card. A few minute more and the helper gave her the envelope.

I zoomed the view and I felt all blood drain from my veins.

"Atong, we have to head back! Hurry. My future depends on this."

I never imagined that I would be placed in this position. I made sure everything was well planned and executed. How can someone know the truth? Who spilled my most precious secret? I just hope I won't be too late.

I referred back to the tablet and saw Denisse inserting the envelope on her shirt, that clever girl will kill me with a heart attack one of these days. Well, that is, if I survive this day.

Damn! I should have told her the truth. Why did I resort to lies and manipulation? Was it because of the hurt I felt when I found out that the one I have been loving and taking care of from afar is the same person that can destroy me and my family? Or because I was scared that she will not love me back once she knows the truth.

When I reached the house, I ran upstairs to her room.

"Denisse? Please open the door."

"No! I don't want to see you! Go away!"

"Shit! Manang please get the master key! Shit!"

I would have kicked the door but I am not sure if she is near the door, she might get hurt.

"Please baby. Please hear me out. The keys!"

When I finally opened the door, what I saw broke my heart into tiny fragments. She was crying. I ran to her when I saw she was about to pass out and hit her head. Good thing I was able to catch her.

"Baby. Denisse. Please be all right. Manang! Call a doctor and clear this room. I don't want to see those documents. And one more thing. Maring should be fired right this instant!"

I carried Denisse and tucked her into bed. I just hope when she wakes up, she will still listen to me.

I wiped her tear streaked face. I am ready to give everything up for this woman. I am just stupid not to realize that what I was doing could hurt her. I just love her too damn much.

The doctor came and checked her vitals.

"Sir, she's just shocked. She will regain consciousness soon. Don't worry."

But I am worried. Not only because of her health but because of how she will take everything that I was about to tell her.

I didn't realize I slept beside her. It was a very soothing experience just to listen to her breathing and sleeping beside me. But I was awaken by a loud and painful slap in the face.

"You! Get out of my room! I'd never want to see you again!"

"Denisse. Please let me explain."

"No! I saw everything I need to know."

"That is bullshit! What you saw were just papers! You don't know the story behind them. Please? Remember your promise to me. You said you would listen. Now is the time. Please?"

I was desperate. It would kill me if she won't listen to me.

"I'm giving you ten minutes, which starts now!"

"I have known you for four years. The first time I saw you, it was love at first sight. You changed me. You may not know it but everything I did for the past four years, building my own company, being the one responsible person I wasn't before is all because of you."

"I changed everything about me for you. I made sure that you were well taken cared of. I used my connections so you can find a decent job that will pay for your needs but will not hinder you from studying well and achieving all your dreams.". . .

I may have been extreme in making sure that no one courts her. I was also the one who sent that bastard Kristoff abroad just to keep him away from her. My Denisse. No one could take you away from me. I love you so much for us to be destroyed by this. But I didn't tell her that.

"I hope you will believe me that I didn't know about your true identity until that day when you finally saw me. That fateful day when I saw you outside that party, wearing a silly pink dress and gold shoes. I don't know what got you to wear those but even if you looked funny for others, you were mesmerizingly beautiful to me.". . .

"I was about to leave after I checked if you were alright when you saw me and our eyes first met. From then, I realized I cannot stay away from you anymore. I would have approched you but I saw someone from my past. Someone that changed my plans for us." . . .

"My security team found the private investigator in charged with finding the true heir of my family. The Duke, my 'father' was looking for his rightful heir, which was supposed to be me. It was an awfully long story which is irrelevant right now." . . .

"They found you Denisse. You are their true heir.". . .

"That explains the birth certificates and pictures but not the marrige contract."

"I got scared. I was so scared that you will not even give me a second glance if you'd find out that I took your place in your real family.". . .

"I was not after the inheritance or the title. I gave it up long ago when I acquired the surname of my real father. I retained the Ellison because for 22 years at that time, Warren Louise Ellison was my identity. I am also in good terms with my, I mean your parents. Your real parents.". . .

"Please believe me that I am only after you. But all I did was hurt you. I resorted to lies.". . .

"Your ten minutes is up. You may leave."

"Denisse. . . will you forgive me?"

"What you did was unforgivable. You robbed me of my free will. Of all people, I never imagined that you would lie to me. I gave you my trust Warren. I could have given you my love if not for this. But now. . .please, just leave me be."

"Denisse. . . "

"I mean it Warren. Leave!"

"I was about to go to England to get your parents but I guess no need for that now. Just tell me what you want and I'll do it for you. Anything!"

"Anything?! I was aksing you to leave me just now! Just go!"

"For now, I will go. But I will never leave you. Even if you don't want me, I will never leave you."

I left her room feeling as if my whole world collapsed. Everything I have worked for, all my dreams for us, all gone to waste. I need hope. Even just a tiny spark of light that will lead me out of this dark tunnel.

***

A/N: I had to set the next few chapters into Private to protect my copyright.

You can read the full story if you follow me. Thank you!

The next chapter is set to private.