Chapter 22 - Embrace The Gay.

Clementine's POV: I woke up to the unfamiliar walls of Quinn's apartment. I felt instant disappointment when I remembered I had to leave in an hour, back to the stone walls of Litchfield. I climbed out of bed and my feet hit the cold wood floor. I took off my pajamas and slipped on the clothes I was given to wear in prison. 

I walked out of the room to see Quinn sipping coffee at the table. "Hey, can I get some of that?" I asked. 

She poured some coffee into a mug that was shaped like a pug. She pushed that to the side of the counter along with some sugar and creamer. I fixed it just how I like, 3 spoons of sugar, and a little cream. I sipped the coffee as if it was the last good cup of coffee i'd have in years. Because it was. At the same time I wanted to go slowly, because I knew as soon as I was finished it'd be time to go. As if the sips of coffee controlled how fast the world turned. I only wish that were true. Soon I was done with my coffee, though, and so my time at Quinn's apartment came to an end.

I went inside her car and decided to turn on the radio to the top 40 station. "Ew, why are you listening to this crap?" She asked. 

"I want to get a sense of what's trending before I go back to Litchfield. I feel like the world is progressing without me." I explained. 

"Progressing or Digressing?" She said under her breath. I rolled my eyes. I heard the over auto tuned, electronic sounds of today as I said goodbye to every building I passed. 

"I'm gonna miss you." I said. "I'm gonna miss you too." She said. And we were silent. Which seemed better than talking because neither of us knew any conversation topics that go well with a car ride to prison.

We pulled into Litchfield and I was kind of lost. I didn't really know where to go. Soon I heard Officer Bennett shouting. "Hey! Inmate!" He stomped over like an angry jaguar. "How the hell did you get out?" He shouted. 

"I-" He grabbed my arm and started dragging me. "That's it. I'm taking you to Caputo and we're gonna see what he says about this. 

He dragged me through the doors and as I passed the inmates I saw Morello run up. "Hey what happened?" She asked. "Hi, I-" "Shut the hell up, Inmate. Do you want a shot?" He yells. I shrugged and saw Morello stare from behind me.

 I soon reached Caputo's office. "Yes, Bennett?" I heard him say. 

"Mr. Caputo, I saw Inmate Clementine outside the prison." He said. 

"Where outside the prison?" He asked with a confused tone.

 "Just...outside. In the parking lot." He explained. 

"Probably returning from her time with her sister. Today is the end of Ms. Clementine's furlough. Would you release her forearm Bennett?" He said with a pang of annoyance in his voice.

 "Oh uh. Yes sir." He said. He released my arm. 

"Can I go now?" I asked Mr. Caputo.

 "Yes, welcome back. Were you searched?" He asked. 

"No, I was going to but I got dragged off." I replied, cringing at the thought of getting stripped by a CO again.

 "Go get a strip search, Bennett, can you show her the way without flying off the handle?" He asked sarcastically. He nodded and we walked.

"Squat and cough." Said the officer. I did as I was told and then she put this little flash light in my mouth and moved my tongue around with a Popsicle stick. 

I put my shirt on and walked out. I was back. It felt shitty to be back in this hollow halls but I was excited to see Nicky again, I also missed Renee and couldn't wait to update her on where people have been. I saw a lot of people at that funeral. Everyone was so different. It's amazing what a few months can do. "Sarah?" I heard.