Chapter 32 - Early Release, Please?

Clementine's POV: Breakfast today was French toast and eggs. The toast was chewy and the eggs were dry.

 "I've gotta talk to Caputo today." I said. 

Everyone was silent. I guess there wasn't much you could say about that. Breakfast was pretty quiet actually. I hate quiet. But soon it was over and I went to talk to Caputo.

I saw him turning the corner.  "Mr. Caputo!" I said. He turned around. 

"Could I talk to you after I'm done working? Like in private?" I asked. He looked curiously. 

"Sure, I'll let Piscatella know to let you in. Is everything alright inmate? Would this be something to talk to a woman  about?" He asked. 

I looked curiously and then I understood what he meant. 

"Oh no sir! Nothing like that." I said. He nodded and walked away.

I cleaned like lighting. I was so looking forward to talking to him. I don't wanna get my hopes up but I guess it's too late for that. 

"Hey." I heard. It was Renee.

  "Hey." I replied as she turned the corner. 

"So like, fuck you." She said with a smile. 

"It's not my fault that you came here. You chose to do that." I said. 

"Yeah well, it is your fault that you abandoned me for Nicky. I already got 12 years now you're leaving me when I've still got 10?" She said. 

"You know you'd leave in a heartbeat if you were in my position. This place is a shithole." I said. 

"Yeah well know I wouldn't. I'd stay for you. I came here for you in the first place." She said. 

" I didn't ask you  to do that, Renee!" I repeated. 

"You didn't have to. I did it because I'm a good friend." She said quietly.

 "A good friend would understand why I want out of this place!" I said. I threw my mop down on the ground and walked closer.

 "If you don't understand why I'd wanna leave and be with my fiance...I don't understand why we're friends." I said. 

Renee's face turned red with anger and she slapped me. I grabbed her by the shoulders and pushed her down on the ground. I got on top of her and started punching her.

 "This is easy" I thought right before she flipped over and got on top of me. I felt each hit until she fell off. I got on top of her and started hitting. It wasn't til I was pulled off my Nicky that I realized Renee didn't fall, she was pulled off by Big Boo. We stood still and looked down. 

"What the fuck?" Nicky said. 

"Yeah, you guys are best friends what's this about?" Boo said. 

"She doesn't want me to get out." I said. 

"You're right. But you know what I'm starting to realize? Maybe you've been gone for a while, and maybe I'm just now realizing it." Renee said.

 She walked out of the bathroom. Boo walked out shortly after her and it was just Nicky and I. I looked in the mirror and saw that I had blood on my lip. I wiped it off with some water. 

"You should be glad we found you and not a CO. Early release would've been out the window. What were you thinking, Clementine?" She asked. 

"Renee wants me to stay. Did you not here that? She thinks I'm selfish for leaving her here. She was the one who came here willingly. Who does that? I didn't expect you to stay for me. Why? Because I'm smart. This place...I've gotta get out of of here." I said.