Chapter 21 - A Day Of Freedom.

Clementine's POV: I walked into Quinn's apartment. I had so many memories here. She's been living here for a long time. So I can remember 12-year-old me sitting on the couch watching Hannah Montana, and when I got my eyebrows tweezed for the first time, Quinn did them. My entire teen life happened in these walls. And now here I was, a felon. Here again for one night. "You seem shaken up." Quinn said. "Well, I am. I'm nervous to see everyone at the funeral tomorrow. I feel selfish. Aunt Lauren is gone and all I can think about is how people will perceive me." I said. "It's sort of selfish, but understandable. Are you doing okay?" She asked. "I miss her." I repeated. "Yeah, but otherwise, how is life in there?" She asked. "You wanna hear about the daily Litchfield drama?" I chuckled. "Oddly, yes." She admitted. I sat down on a stool next to the kitchen counter. "Well, you know my friend Renee?" I asked. "The girl who got you arrested?" She asked. "She did not get me arrested, Quinn. I got myself arrested. I picked up that joint, I decided to do drugs, and I decided to be high in public, and now I'm in prison." I said. She put her hands up in surrender. "Anyways, she's in prison." I said. "Serves her right." She said. "I would not wish prison on anyone. Would you please stop insulting my best friend?" I said. "Look, I'm sorry. Do you want something to cheer you up?" She asked. I nodded. She went into the guest room and came out with my ukulele. "Quinn, how'd you get that?" I exclaimed. "Mom mailed it. I know you probably missed it." She said. "For sure! I made one at Litchfield but it sounds nothing like my original uke." I said as I took it out of Quinn's hand. I played a few chords and then sat the ukulele on the counter. "I wanna go out." I stated. "Where?" She asked. "Anywhere. I've only got a few hours to chill before the funeral and I want to make something of my freedom." I said. "Okay. Well, we could go see a movie, or we could go to the park.." She says. "Not sure about a movie, I want to do something I can't do in prison. Hmm...Oh, my goodness. I want to go get coffee at a coffee shop." I said. Quinn grabbed the keys and walked towards the door. "Wait, can I borrow some clothes. I look like a hobo." I said. She nodded and I ran to her room. I decided on a black top with ruffles on the chest and some skinny jeans. I borrowed some mascara and put on some black combat boots. When I looked in the mirror and I was amazing. For the first time in a few months, I'd fuck me. I looked good. I went back into the kitchen and we were off to the nearby coffee shop.

I walked into the shop and smelled a mix of coffee beans and scones. It smelled like heaven. I walked up to the counter to see a woman in a brown polo and a visor. "Hi, welcome to Iron Bank how may I help you." She said in a monotone voice. "I wanna get a hazelnut coffee and a blueberry muffin." I said. "$7.26." She said. I looked at Quinn and she handed me a ten. 
The cool thing about Iron Bank is that it used to be an actual bank. So you could sit in the vaults at the little table inside and drink your coffee.
So I sat inside and drank my coffee with Quinn. "So, prison drama." She reminded me. "Oh, yes! Renee is at Litchfield so we're like prison buddies now along with the rest of my group." I said. "Who's 'Your group'?" She asked. "Well, there is my good friend Nicky. She's like this badass lesbian who wears really think eyeliner on her waterline." I said. "You have eyeliner there?" She asked. I nodded. "Then there's Chapman and Vause. They're like an on-again-off-again couple. Personally, I wish they'd just stay together, they're super cute. But Chapman just needs to like, stop trying to get back with her fiance. Then there's Lorna. She's got this accent that I can't decide if it's like Italian, or Boston, or New York. She's like obsessed with her husband Vince but she's also convinced he's cheating on her. Which I think is false. Then there's Red, she's like Nicky's mom but not actually her mom? Like her prison mom? Because her biological mom is shit." I said. "You have a lot of friends there." She said. "Oh yeah. I was kind of adopted into this already existing group because of Nicky. I'm not even finished, though." I said. "Then there's Big Boo. She's also a raging lesbian. Not sure why they call her boo, I think its cause she's chubby. There's also Rivera. She's one of the Hispanics but we still hang." I said. "Wow, racist. Why wouldn't you?" She said. "That's how the prison works. You sit with your race, you talk with your race, and if you mix people get weird." I said. She nodded. "So Vause, Rivera, Chapman. Is this last names?" She asked. "Oh yeah, everyone goes by last names there." I said. "So everyone calls you Clementine?" She asked. "Yep, except Renee, of course." I replied. "We best get going." Quinn said after a short pause.